Sign in to follow this  

$110 ebay radiators w/pics

Here are some pics of the cheap radiators. Install took a full day, mounting and dismounting radiators and fuel tank several times. The reason for this is that they are larger - the 30% increase in cooling makes the radiators grow towards the rear of the bike causing fitment issues with the horn, fan, overflow nipple and top 'V' hose clamps.

The only mfg issue was the fan mounting holes had to be redrilled and the brackets bent and trimmed to line up the holes on the fan.

DSC03641.jpg

DSC03645.jpg

I had to relocate the fan motor on the housing .......

DSC03644.jpg

Re-drill and re-shape the horn bracket .......

DSC03643.jpg

And turn down the overflow barb from 5/16" to 1/4" and shorten it by a 1/4" also.......

DSC03642.jpg

All of this to gain about 1/8" clearance between these parts and my plastic fuel tank. Don't know if the stock tank fits without issues though.

I also had to trim the mounting bolt washers so they wouldn't make contact with the cooling fins or the radiator tubes.

The bottom tank is slash cut 45deg to clear the pipe, there's about a 1/2" of clearance. Not so with the fuel tank on top like you said. I put some foam tape over the hose clamps for the tank to rest against.

The tig welding looks awesome, although it doesn't show on the pics.

I remember someone else commenting on these Ebay rads.....

Can't recall who it was...Maybe they will put there hand up when they see this thread/post....

To the OP ...have you got a link for these rads?

What rad guards work with these?

The stock ones should fit but mine are crap so the tabs didn't line up with the holes.

I don't think unabikers will fit but if you look closely the side plates are 1/8" thick so I'm thinking of fabricating some panels out of expanded or perforated sheet metal and just bolting them to the front.

Just a quality note. I've been using a Mishimoto rad on my Galant VR4 for almost 2 years now and have had no issues. Mine has even been shortened and tweaked a bit for intercooler pipe clearance and still no leaks or anything. I haven't tried them on my KLX, but just pointing out that quality seems A-OK.

I wasn't questioning the quality, just pointing out they are not a direct replacement.

You'll need to do some fabricating to fit these oversized radiators.

That's nice and thanks for your input, but I don't see the relevance in comparing radiators between a Honda Civic and a DRZ400...:bonk:

Someone asked about the quality of the welds. Its a cheap aluminum radiator similar to the ones on the DRZ400 and Im sure they are manufactured the same...my point was from a durability standpoint my experience has been good. How is there no relevance :smirk:

There is no relevance in application....

Motor car V's motor cycle., Unknown brand V's Known brand

How can you be sure they are manufactured to the same standards.?? Just because their both cheap and are aluminium , means nothing..

There are too many variables to accurately suggest that either of the radiators have the same build quality...

How can you be sure they are manufactured to the same standards.?? Just because their both cheap and are aluminium , means nothing..

Sure it does. When the name on the radiator is the same as the one in my car that would lead me to believe they come from the same manufacturer....wouldnt you agree? Do you need me to post pics? Motorcycle and car radiators are not built by NASA there isnt anything special or different about the way they are manufactured especially when they come from the same factory.

Edited by scrubbin627
grammar

Sure it does. Its pretty easy Craigo....just read the name on the side product. They are the same radiator. Do you need me to post pics? Motorcycle and car radiators are not built by NASA there isnt anything special or different about the way they are manufactured especially when they come from the same factory.

Why are you arguing with me? Because I have 20 posts? :bonk:

Sorry , You won't get No argument from me..

I am stating my opinion and you are stating yours....

That's what these forums are all about...

If you stated originally they were there the same brand, out of the same factory, made with the same robots, I wouldn't have responded...

Please don't take offence , because there are no hard feelings here.

Sorry , You won't get No argument from me..

I am stating my opinion and you are stating yours....

That's what these forums are all about...

If you stated originally they were there the same brand, out of the same factory, made with the same robots, I wouldn't have responded...

Please don't take offence , because there are no hard feelings here.

None taken.

cheers

Edited by scrubbin627
grammar