Sign in to follow this  

Drz 125L stunting help!!!

Ok so im looking around for stunt parts for a drz 125L and I can't find anything. Basically I want stunt items like rear handbrake setup, 12 o clock bar, street tires etc... I really need a website to buy things for this if not do they make stuff like this for a klx 125 or ttr 125?? Please let me know what everyone is doing to stunt these bikes thanks..:bonk:

We had a guy just do all those things to his bike within the last month.....check the posts below yours. Or look up drzstunter1

Thanks I asked them on their threads.. That gave me tire sizes now hopefully someone can point me in the direction of a rear handbrake setup and and a 12 O clock bar.

Thanks I asked them on their threads.. That gave me tire sizes now hopefully someone can point me in the direction of a rear handbrake setup and and a 12 O clock bar.

Im doing the same thing. What were those tire sizes btw?

I can't remember now and I cant find the thread with them -______- lol but im pretty sure you can just google the tire size of the drz 125L or regular which ever bike you have and put street tires along with the size and you should come up with something. I havent put on streets yet I ordered a rear handbrake set up first which put me out $100!!! but its worth it.

I can't remember now and I cant find the thread with them -______- lol but im pretty sure you can just google the tire size of the drz 125L or regular which ever bike you have and put street tires along with the size and you should come up with something. I havent put on streets yet I ordered a rear handbrake set up first which put me out $100!!! but its worth it.

Where did you order the handbrake?

well i ordered a rear handbrake kit off 50stunt.com for like 100 bucks its for the xr/crf100 bikes I was told everything would fit well everything does except the bracket to hold the cable onto the swing arm.. Cable is the right size though but now im $100 in the whole with a brake lever and a cable... /: the bracket is to small for the swingarm Idk where im gonna be able to come up with a rig to mount onto the swing arm and hold a cable...

I went one step further I took a video and tried to explain it lol I really need to figure this out its a really big set back/:

th_100_0218.jpg

Oh and just click on the big picture and it should take you to the video lol

Stunting with a drum brake?

Not knocking it ~roll with what you have. If you make the leaver on the drum actuator slightly longer it will give you more leverage and firmer brake action (more power). Adjust you leaver at the handle bars so you are grabbing the outer end ~ also more leverage.

You might could have dove into making your own rear hand brake using high end Mountain bike parts. A good bicycle tech could have you set up turn key for under $100 with high end used parts (either braze on or clamp on cable stays). If you get motivated ~ check out Ratrodbikes (the christian bicycle builder web site). Those guys are laid back and most would be glad to help and give good advice.

Edited by mbwhitfi

Stunting with a drum brake?

Not knocking it ~roll with what you have. If you make the leaver on the drum actuator slightly longer it will give you more leverage and firmer brake action (more power). Adjust you leaver at the handle bars so you are grabbing the outer end ~ also more leverage.

You might could have dove into making your own rear hand brake using high end Mountain bike parts. A good bicycle tech could have you set up turn key for under $100 with high end used parts (either braze on or clamp on cable stays). If you get motivated ~ check out Ratrodbikes (the christian bicycle builder web site). Those guys are laid back and most would be glad to help and give good advice.

Lol ya man I'm ballin on a budget but the drum brakes on this bike seem to grab alright plus the pads are like new and I have someone wielding me up a bracket for this cable but ya I probably should have just had a bike shop rig me up something I probably would have saved a lot of money oh well at least i know for next time.