Sign in to follow this  

pop on decel

Ive read that when you pop on decel its normal and that its irrelevant to eliminate the problem. On the other hand I have read that it needs to be eliminated. Now this is exactly what's happening I like at about 3300 feet and it is also about 30* to60* right now. When I open the throttle up and let it snap close it will pop a couple times. And I see a flame once in a while. And it will pop like four or five times. Any ideas or just leave it the hell alone

Ive read that when you pop on decel its normal and that its irrelevant to eliminate the problem. On the other hand I have read that it needs to be eliminated. Now this is exactly what's happening I like at about 3300 feet and it is also about 30* to60* right now. When I open the throttle up and let it snap close it will pop a couple times. And I see a flame once in a while. And it will pop like four or five times. Any ideas or just leave it the hell alone

Have you adjusted your fuel screw? That's all it takes, usually.

If you exhuast packing is shot, it will pop no matter what, or if you motor is 'hot' with mods.

I know I must sound dumb but dont you have to go into the bowl?

Fuel screw adjustment is external , It's located in middle of float bowl, towards the front....

An R&D Flex jet remote fuel screw will make adjustment easier...

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Parts_Unlimited_Offroad_2009/default.asp?p=817 seen here at bottom left of page..

This is going to be helpful....look at page 62.(#5 pilot screw)....http://www.blackhummer.com/moto/2004_CRF450r.pdf