Sign in to follow this  

Clutch engagement on 2011 TE449

Just got my new TE449 today.

when I engage the clutch and shift into first it clunks into gear.

HMM seems strange, My wr250 doesn't do that.

Is this a typical 449 thing or do I need to adjust the clutch.

Was only able to do ten miles mixed on off road.

Any suggestions are appreciated:ride:

Congratts on your new bike. I just got one too and have only had a chance to put on about 40 miles but I did not notice any clutch or shifting issues with my bike. One small issue I have had though is the starter button. On my bike when you push the starter button too hard the starter motor does not engage so you have to be carfull and only push the button about half way to engage the starter.

First, I hope you are disengaging the clutch before putting the bike in first gear from neutral... (common mistake in terminology - lever in is disengaged, lever out is engaged)

Second, it is not totally strange for a new bike to "clunk" into gear, especially when new. I don't notice this much on my new TC449, but then it has a different transmission than your TE. A clunk is not necessarily indicative of a problem.

What I did notice was that the clutch drags when new. Big fat new plates, and a clutch that spins 2.6 times faster than on a normal bike seem to explain this.

Sweet,

I was only able to do a little over twenty miles this last weekend due to family stuff.

now I am working out of town for two weeks. But soon as I get home. YEE HAA.