Sign in to follow this  

Which Exhaust system to buy?

Cratered my silencer today on some rocks. Looking to get a new exhaust system for my 08 CRF 450R. I race HS, CC and enduros on this bike.

I like for the bike to have good low end. Very seldom get the bike into high rpm range. Dont think I have ever hit the rev limiter while racing.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I crashed and wrecked the Yoshi exhaust on my '06. It was cheaper to buy a full system FMF, so I went with a mega bomb. I notice a nice low end hit over the system I had. People claim it is just bling, but I like it. I am a vet B racer in MX and get a lot of holeshots. The only complaint I have is it is really easy to melt your boot on the header swell. There should be a guard for it. But bang for the buck, FMF was good for me.

I crashed and wrecked the Yoshi exhaust on my '06. It was cheaper to buy a full system FMF, so I went with a mega bomb. I notice a nice low end hit over the system I had. People claim it is just bling, but I like it. I am a vet B racer in MX and get a lot of holeshots. The only complaint I have is it is really easy to melt your boot on the header swell. There should be a guard for it. But bang for the buck, FMF was good for me.

Thanks Rotordawg!

I run the MRD too and I have been happy with it, he even replaced my silencer for free when I damaged it! So I also give an A+ for customer service!

i was a skeptic of the mrd because i could not get dyno sheets on the pipe but i bought a used one on ebay and it is way better than my fmf or my procircut ti4 i compared the pipes running against my friends and the mrd is the best one we have tried.the leo vince also was not as good