Sign in to follow this  

Bolt kits?

I bought a used 2003 cr250, this thing is trashed all oem bolts are missing and have ransoms jammed in there place and the plastics are all wrecked. Where would you get a bolt kit? Have You seen one with the washers forthe plastic?

try ebay.. my local dealer carries unviersal bolt kits for $10 - $15 . they came with like 40 common bolt/nut sizes.

Wheeew! $60!

I get all my nuts, bolts, and washers at the Lowe's. Packages of several for a buck each. As for bolts to do the plastic, there are probably only a couple of different sizes (maybe 3, not real familiar with Honda). Once you figure out the sizes you need, you can pick all you need up at some place like Lowe's for around $5.

A lot of hardware stores sell by the pound, so you can pick everything you want. Id just make your own washers by grinding them down to fit in the plastic.

I bought a used 2003 cr250, this thing is trashed all oem bolts are missing and have ransoms jammed in there place and the plastics are all wrecked. Where would you get a bolt kit? Have You seen one with the washers forthe plastic?

Pit Posse sells OEM kits for Japanese MX bikes and KTM. Reasonably priced and include bolts with washers and 8mm heads on the 6mm bolts. There are other companies that sell similar kits also. Most shops carry them. Stay away from hardware store. That is what the last owner did.

Know what size bolts they are? Parts fiche should tell you. Take a look through there, make a list of the sizes.

Then hit McMaster.com. Find the bolts, make an order. I guarantee that's going to be cheaper (per bolt, anyways) than any moto-specific "bolt kit".

Also a good source for storage bins/trays for the garage.

I did that with O-rings for my bike. Went through the fiche which has dimensions for the O-rings in there. $80 later, I've got enough O-rings to last the life of the bike for a *LOT* cheaper than $2/O-ring that the dealers want.

DSC06206.jpg

I have a basic bolt/washer kit, I think it's a Tusk one. These are common sizes, and it's been very useful. However OEM is the only way to go for many nuts/bolts/washers.

I try to keep all the following OEM stuff on hand:

Shroud (into gas tank) bolts

Seat bolts

Fork guard bolts

The washers/collars that lower shroud bolts go through

Flat/square nuts that go on the inside of the rear fender

Ya I am trying to stay away from the hardware store they get rust and are never all the the same size. And oem are like a $1 a bolt

Man it drives me nuts to have random non factory bolts and screws on my bike, it looks like crap. I had to order a complete set of factory fasteners piece by piece for the plastics, seat and fork gaurds for my CR250 when I bought it because I couldn't stand look with the hardware store variety. Its petty but I felt so much better after they were installed.

Here you go, 180 pieces, I think this is the one for Honda, i keep a couple of them arond, one in the shop, one in my riding gear - good quality pieces

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=210&navTitle=Tools%2FShop&webCatId=22&keyword=bolt+kit&prodFamilyId=16415

They often have em for 1/2 off - but i think I only see that when i go into their store, regardless, great box of parts to have around. The website even lists how many of each thing - and they have seperate kits for Eurotrash bikes etc

and RM ships to Canada, eh!

I am having real problems finding those washers that pop in the plasic anyone know where to get those? Thanks for the help on eBay and rocky mountain I would have never worked there

hey motomatt go to ur local canadian tire and they sell bolt kits.

there oem jap stuff and r brilliant! dont waste ur csh payin rmatv 30 fookin dollars to ship a bolt kit.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/Powersports/MotorcycleAccessories/PRDOVR~0270009P/Ignition+Moto-pack+Hardware+Kit%2C+54-piece.jsp?locale=en

they sell ignition (brand) and BOLT (brand) there both equal id say....