Sign in to follow this  

09 kx250f woods setup

Hello mates,

I bought a 09 kx250f monster energy edition that pas uses only om mx tracks. I want to use it for woods and being a newbie, would really help alot some options from people who have done this before.

First I want to change the sprockets and the chain. What sprockets size suits best for woods?

What other modifications should I make?

Thanks alot for tour advice

might want to consider getting a heavier flywheel.. this will help reducestalling.. it will also smooth out the power and make it managable in the woods for a newbie.. then you might want to consider a 13/50 gearing.. It will increase torque and useability of 3rd gear but it will reduce overall speed which if you run any super long straights [in woods?] might be a deturance.. Keep in mind that a 13/50 will be more reactive to your throttle but thats why you add the flywheel weight.. it will smoth out the twitchyness but while still adding the torque to allow you to get over stuff on slow sections..

might want to consider getting a heavier flywheel.. this will help reducestalling.. it will also smooth out the power and make it managable in the woods for a newbie.. then you might want to consider a 13/50 gearing.. It will increase torque and useability of 3rd gear but it will reduce overall speed which if you run any super long straights [in woods?] might be a deturance.. Keep in mind that a 13/50 will be more reactive to your throttle but thats why you add the flywheel weight.. it will smoth out the twitchyness but while still adding the torque to allow you to get over stuff on slow sections..

Can you explain me what a flywheel is?

it is the device attached to the crank.. It is used as a way to generate the power needed to run the electrical system and it is also used as a rotational mass to control the dynamics of the engine..

Thank you very much for your post ! Is there a way to tune my rear suspension in order to make it suitable for enduro?

Does anybody know where can I find a heavy flywheel for my '09 KX250F?

I used one of these in my 2007. I am not sure if your '09 will be able to use it. It claims Colton Haaker used one in 2009 EnduroCross Series on his 2009 KX250F.

http://www.steahlyoffroad.com/flywheel-weight/suzuki-rm-z-250-04-kawaski-kx-250f-04-complete-flywheel.html

I wrote them and they told me that a flywheel fory kxf will be available în about two months time

Look on Ebay for one. That is where I found the one for my '07.