Sign in to follow this  

2001 DRZ400K1 Value

Was thinking about selling my Z b/c I don't have time or a place to really ride. It's been sitting in my basement without being ridden much at all. I fire it up and putt around the yard now and again to make sure it works but that's about it. What is a reasonable amount to ask for it? It's got the FCR carb and runs great. It looks pretty good but has your typical wear and tear... Just entertaining the idea, not sure I really want to get rid of it..

If it's in excellent condition KBB says it's worth about $2,280 if you were a dealer (which adds advertisement costs and storage), NADA puts an average value at about $1,400. Splitting the difference puts you at $1,800 ~ $1,900 which seems reasonable.

Thanks for the replies. I had looked at KBB but couldn't remember the Nada site. I bought it for 1900 in 08 so if I could get close to that I'd be happy. Don't really want to sell it but it's not being used. Reckon I could put it up and see what I can get. I don't really need to sell it so I can hold out and get what I want or keep it..

I think you are telling me it is a kick start only model (DR-Z400K1). That will affect price. Probably worth less unless you find 2 people that really want just a kicker and they bid it up.