Sign in to follow this  

Dumb question about horn

Just got my 2006 te 510 and am replacing and fixing things the previous owner either broke or took off. I like everything to work and one thing I cant figure out is the horn. Where is it? I dont want to start taking things apart to find it. I bet its not there. I figure if i know where its supposed to be I will also find the wires and get another horn. Any suggestions on a horn? On bikes I think loud is good. Thanks

Maybe bolted under the cowling? That's where mine is (2010)

The mounting bracket for my horn broke early on, I just re-drilled a new hole in the bracket that was remaining and bolted it back on.

Thanks. It has an after market desert tank and I did look around but suspect its gone...

Hi, I'm a bit late to the party, but if the 2006 Euro bikes are the same as yours then the horn should be on a bracket that bolts to the right-hand side of the top triple clamp. The wires are Red (positive supply) and Grey (to switch) and the connectors are 1/4" flags (like spades, but with wires at 90 degrees to the terminal).

As regards aftermarket horns- any 12V horn with 1/4" terminals should do, but the Husky one is small and light and has the bracket already fitted. If you can't find one at a breaker I'd be tempted to just use one from a scooter (unless you want something really loud!).

Hi, I'm a bit late to the party, but if the 2006 Euro bikes are the same as yours then the horn should be on a bracket that bolts to the right-hand side of the top triple clamp. The wires are Red (positive supply) and Grey (to switch) and the connectors are 1/4" flags (like spades, but with wires at 90 degrees to the terminal).

What He said,

I have a 06 TE450.

The "L" shaped bracket broke off and I just drilled another hole and remounted it to the triple clamp.