The elusive 1984 KE100

Most site's parts catalogs jump right over this year.

I know there weren't that many changes over the production run, but I want to be sure. Specifically, I need a piston, as the top end of the engine is kind of noisy and I'd rather swap it out before the skirts break off. Can I use a piston from any year KE100?

Late now, but I'm almost positive that not only will any year KE100 piston work, but so will a KX100 piston.

If memory servers me right major changes were 1982 and 1996 but I don't think the piston changed. 1982 went to 17" rear wheel from 18" and cylinder or head changed. In 1996 CDI was finally replacing the points ignition. Other than colors, nothing really changed with these bikes year to year. Heck, dual rear shocks till the last one rolled off the assembly line in 2001.

Late now, but I'm almost positive that not only will any year KE100 piston work, but so will a KX100 piston.

If memory servers me right major changes were 1982 and 1996 but I don't think the piston changed. 1982 went to 17" rear wheel from 18" and cylinder or head changed. In 1996 CDI was finally replacing the points ignition. Other than colors, nothing really changed with these bikes year to year. Heck, dual rear shocks till the last one rolled off the assembly line in 2001.

At some point, there must have been a carb change. There are two listings, depending on market, or something. Was looking for a needle and seat, but didn't want to pay $36 for the pair. Bought a used set off of eBay, but it didn't fit. I lapped the two together with valve grinding compound and it quit leaking.

I realize that's being super hella cheap, but it worked.

At some point, there must have been a carb change. There are two listings, depending on market, or something. Was looking for a needle and seat, but didn't want to pay $36 for the pair. Bought a used set off of eBay, but it didn't fit. I lapped the two together with valve grinding compound and it quit leaking.

I realize that's being super hella cheap, but it worked.

Yes, there were several carb differences throughout the whole run. Again, it's been a while, but I believe Canada got a carb that's the same as the US "race only" spec.

I ended up looking at the European carb diagram to order the parts. Kawi will send them to you if you know the numbers, but they (local dealers anyway) won't tell you the part numbers.

If you want more info, give me a few days and I'll see what I have in my email - I ordered those jets via email.