Sign in to follow this  

DIY maintenance on a 690 ER

How much time does it take to:

Change the oil and filters/screens?

Remove the air filter?

Adjust the valves?

The usual stuff....:bonk:

Mostly driven on road, I change my oil every 3k miles, takes 30min to change along with the screens and oil/air filters.

I check the valves every 6k. Checking the valves takes about 30min. Add another 15-30min if you need to change out a shim.

This is a pretty easy bike to work on.

I have been having problems with my bike, stalling and a rough idle. I think I have traced the problem down though. Although I still need to finish it. I downloaded Tune ECU and got the cord from the US. When I put the bike on the computer and tested it, the voltage on the TPS (throttle position sensor) was too low and not in the required range. When I took my fingers and move the wires to the sensor, the voltage started to change. I think the connector wires are to small and are not allowing enough current through to keep the required voltage. So if the wires are corroded or damaged in anyway that will reduce the possible max current into the sensor.

I got a new TPS sent over from the states and was installing it on the bike today. Is is working without the voltage drop but now the voltage is to high and I need to reset the throttle motor but I can't seem to do that with the Tune ECU software. The Tune ECU software tells me to refer to the Repair Manuel, which I have, but the repair manual only tells you how to do it using the KTM diagostic tool. Anyone ever down this before or know how to do it using Tune ECU?