Sign in to follow this  

anyone running an oversized front disk?

last week i went into a tree during a prerun of a race and broke one of the brackets that are part of the front caliper. had to quick steel it so i could even ride in the race. it held up great and i just ordered a new caliper when i got back into town. i thought it would be alright for another quick team race yesterday but my entire front caliper busted off in the first half lap. so while im waiting on my caliper, i figure i would like to upgrade to an oversized front disk. my first choice is Galfer but i saw a kit that was on destry abbotts bike yesterday that looked so nice. i know he is sponsored by Braking but i couldnt find the model he had. anyone else have an oversized rotor kit that they like better than the Galfer?

If you find out what brand he was running let us know, I was just looking at the Galfer setup yesterday but did not order it yet. Running the stock setup now with a braided line but the 450 needs more stopping power for sure, would be interested in hearing what you end up with.

I'm running the Galfer 270mm kit and it makes the front brakes stronger. I used the stock pads even though they say to use only their pads. The reason was the Galfer pads are thicker and made the brakes drag badly. They are still not KTM strong, but much better.

I'm running a EBC 280mm stock pads with a SS galfer hose. It's better than stock. But I'd run a disc cover to keep rocks away.

+1 :bonk:

I'm running a EBC 280mm stock pads with a SS galfer hose. It's better than stock. But I'd run a disc cover to keep rocks away.

Batwing =better later stoping with less effort .this was my first oversize rotor upgrade ever and I am "super pumped" !

Best invention ever, if you're a good rider you use 90 percent front brake, bigger rotor= cooler brake, less friction, and a flawless brake. perfect for doing stoppiess!!

I am goon go from an 09kxf250 to a 2012 kxf450, any idea if the braking on the kxf250 will fix onto the kxf450?

I run a Braking Batfly on my 10 YZ450F. The braking power is fantastic, but the biggest thing I've noticed is the feel. With the stock one it can feel on and off at times and its difficult to tell when the wheel will lock up. With the Braking rotor it feels like you can tell exactly when its going to lock up, you can tip toe the line,therefore getting the max braking power possible. I love it and would buy one again in a second.

I run Brakings Batfly 270mm

:thumbsup:Way better than stock

+1 on that. It helps so much.:smirk: