1983 Honda XL600R test.

I agree on both counts, Martin!

I like the part about embarrassing guys on Katanas and GP-Zs blowing past them on the XL. :smirk::bonk:

It's a little known fact that when that XL600R landed, the Earth was knocked one degree off it's normal axis due to the impact !!

Global warming possibly stemmed from this incident as well !

Dave R.

Dirt Bike. October 1983. Honda XL600R test.

In my opinion one of the best magazine covers ever printed !

AWESOME!!! I love stuff like this. That cover is rad, Do you know if there are anymore PDF's of older motocross magazines or anything like this? :bonk:

I had that bike. Down hill...yup, a GPZ550 couldnt get away from me in the corners on the street...up hill...well, not so much :bonk:

I was at Saddleback the day they did that shoot. That was a hill that ran up to the side of the parking lot. They jumped a truck about 20 times with that thing. Nothing fell off it

That thing was heavy as hell...but damn it was fun.

If you want to see some cool old bikes (and bad special effects!) I saw this episode of Knightrider the other night. There was heaps of brand new old XR's

http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rider/season_two/speed_demons/

haha amazing :bonk:

I heard of some older movie from the mid 80's about motocross.. I cant remember the name though... anybody remember? I know thats pretty vague but in general I would like to know the name of any old Moto flicks!

23 hours ago, George Hartmann said:

If there is anyone that is interested in the ACTUAL 600XL's from the TV show shoot me a message. I have both of them. Less than 500 Miles.

107.jpg

What TV show?

I'm confused too. Though that was just a Larry Wilcox cameo on a mag cover,, that there was no show with XL's in it?

Do remember a dirt-bike (Possibly MT?), dressed up in fairings to look like a CHiPs bike jumping over a fence,,,,