Sign in to follow this  

Street legal TXC 511

How can I put a street legal kit on my TXC 511? The bike is so new that none of the companies out there have a kit for it. I can get a TE headlight and taillight for about $200 but need to know if I can wire them in. Any suggestions?

i just got a 2011 txc449 afew weeks ago , and i put a polisport headlight , a acerbis tail light and a brake light switch from husqvarna on it. they work fine. pretty easy to do.

just crankup bike and find a hot wire up front, shut off bike and make sure hot wire is not still on, then splice into wire for headlight, then run a wire back to under the seat, mount brake switch and run wire up to hot wire , mount rear light and wire into brake switch.

rear fender is kindof weak so think about where your mounting the taillight before you drill.

i mounted a rear rack and it helps to hold rear fender in place.

if you call or e-mail bob at central jersey cycles he will ship you and light kit with all ness. parts and instructions. you can choose black or white for headlight color.

warriordad

i did my TXC with stock headlight and taillight from the 011 TE, cost just over $200. Also added keyed ignition switch, turn signals, horn etc. Still trying to get it all finalized and haven't finished adding the Vapor computer. Going to a 46t rear sprocket for the road hell. Overall not bad on the road for a close ratio gearbox and a lot less vibration then my KTM 520.421610_10150640228779906_732684905_9077488_933572345_n.jpg