Sign in to follow this  

led turn signals

put in rear led turn signals and tail light years ago. removed turn signal relay and put in tridon hd 12 flasher unit....all is good. just put on d flex hand guards with integrated led turn signals. accidently crossed the wires at first ..lights were on and after 5 seconds power went out. replaced fuse that was blown above battery..power back on . the problem is that none of the led turn signals will flash. they come on solid and stay solid. i replaced the flasher and am at a loss as to what it could be. i have checked and there is power right throught the system. I have tried 3 different flashers so it cant be the fasher.

any ideas?

i have gone back and tried putting one of the stock front turn signalsback on and it flashes now. is there a way to correct this so i can use the front led's

Edited by leadsled

LEDs are sensitive to polarity unlike standard flashers. Don't know if you reversed your + and -

The leds don't pull enough current to make a normal flasher work. Ya need a motorized flaher or one designed for leds.

You need a flasher for led's becouse of the lower energy draw . Ther are several on the market ( use search fuction ) but I just went to the dealership and got one for a honda works great

The leds don't pull enough current to make a normal flasher work. Ya need a motorized flaher or one designed for leds.

+1:thumbsup:

+2 :bonk:

(yea ~ what he said)

I'm running LEDs front and rear with a stock flasher. Only issue is that they flash faster but they work.

I'm running LEDs front and rear with a stock flasher. Only issue is that they flash faster but they work.

Do u have a link on where i can find LED blub replacement for the stock flasher?

What model bulb is the stock flasher using?

Do u have a link on where i can find LED blub replacement for the stock flasher?

What model bulb is the stock flasher using?

I'm running aftermarket turn signal assemblies with a stock flash relay. Don't know if it's possible to upgrade the stock bulbs.