Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a reliable odometer/hour meter

for my 2004 WR250F. Who makes one? I read a lot of mixed reviews on the Trail Tech. I would like it to be water proof (or at least water resistant) too for when it'll get wet from pressure washing. Prefer not to break the bank buying it either.

Thanx in advance.

I have a trail tech for almost 300 hours with no issues. You must wrap the wire around the spark plug cap under the rubber gasket that seals to the head.

I have a trail tech for almost 300 hours with no issues. You must wrap the wire around the spark plug cap under the rubber gasket that seals to the head.

I'm considering Trail Tech but I've heard they're not very water-resistant. How is yours with water?

Also, what model/type do you have?

Thanx for the info!

drd hour meter is the best you can get and will not break. i run them on all my bikes and even lawn mower

I'm pretty sure you can get a signal by wrapping the detection wire around the red wire going to the connector. We were doing some tests for a project and got a signal from doing this, I can't guarantee it will work with off the shelf hour meters but it should.

The trail tech unit is nice and small, I have it mounted just behind the steering stem to the right on my YZ250, but I haven't tried it on the 250F.

My Trail tech is a hourmeter and a tach I wash my bike with a ekectric pressure washer, I have had no issue $39.00. Mount the sensor wire under the rubberseal for the head, slip the wire between the seal and the spark plug cap and wrap it around the spark plug cap secure it to the cap with a appropriate size O ring.

Motominder. Just wire it into the headlight. Can't fault them.