Sign in to follow this  

1999 cr500 carb swap

Hi,

Iv got a seller that will part his Cr500 1999 carb.

will this fit to my cr250 2001?

its a keihin but i dont know if its 38mm.

also.

bike has boyesen reeds, new piston, HGS pipe/silencer.

Jetting is at sea level:

25:1 ratio

PJ: 32.5

MJ: 420

Needle clip: 2nd

15mm float.

everything stock otherwise.

thanks in advance.

That would be the Keihin PJ 38mm. Good carb-not as desirable as the PWK. I would run a PJ over the TMX any day but.... I would hold out for a PWK if you are going to spend the time/money :bonk:

problem is that carb hes selling is most likely original from '99 and good chance its plain wore out. unless the bike was very low hour but i bet million dollars that aint the case because no one on planet earth would part out a cherry cr500. pj aint a bad carb and if he wants $30 and it functions good that would be good deal. much more than $30 and i would pass and spring for a new pwk

Is he parting the bike or the carb? A lot of 500 guy's (myself included) pick up a few more horsepower with the PWK's so it could be that he is parting it for that reason.... Check for slide/housing wear thats usually what goes first.

Either way CR250's used that carb for a LOT of years so you could tune it in based off the 92-98 specs (similar motors - PJ carb). Although stock jetting changed a bit through those years you could get an idea of where to start.