Sign in to follow this  

question about boots

i got boots the otehr day they are thor quadrant boots . but i just rod with them and i cant shift! is it becuase my shifter is to small ? its a crf 150f or is it that i half to adjust it?

you can adjust it a bit for now but your boots will get broken in. Also, if your not used to riding with boots, it takes a bit of time to get used to them. If you have to use your whole leg to shift by lifting up your knee until they break in.

Its not that your shifter is to small you just have to adjust it so that your foot will be able to get under it and shift it. But it can only be adjusted so much untill u will just have to get a bigger one. When i got my boots i had to adjust it so that my foot could fit. you should have no problem adjusting it. also breaking in your boots to were u can bend your ankle aliitle helps to.

Normal. You just need to get used to them. Wear them around the house for a while to break them in. I had the same issue way back when. Once you get used to them you wont want to ride without them.

My girlfriend just bought me a pair 2 weeks ago for Christmas. Ive been riding for over 25 years(trails only) and its the first pair of MX boots Ive ever had. Im not allowed to use them till Christmas but I have been wearing them around the house. Seem to be breaking in nicely. Probably going to need to adjust my shift lever some though.

Remove the shifter and rotate it clockwise about two splines (make an alignment mark with a sharpie). Had to adjust both my shifter and my son's to allow our boots to fit under them. Funny how the factory seems to set them up expecting people to ride in tennis shoes.

i guess that's one bonus of me being only 5'2, my size 8 comp5 and new (yay! :bonk:) tech-10s fit under the shifter with out any adjustments.. yay small feet haha.. too bad i have to use a lowering link to be able to touch the ground ;/