Sign in to follow this  

Back in the dirt on???

Had an 02 426f - loved the thing except the lack of "low end" on the tight trails (never changed the fly wheel). Got out of it because I got tired of trailering every weekend and got a sv1000s. My brother just got a raptor 700 and I'm getting the itch.

I'm 6'2" 225 and been riding off and on for years. WR seems like a no brainer, but I've been away for a while. Trail only for the most part....

What should I look for?

If your tired of trailering then you need a dual sport that is street legal. A WR that is street legal would be good or a drz400, xr650l any of those would work. They will not have the snappy power of a motocross bike.

Open to trailering again since my brother has a toy again and I stopped it like 4 years ago.

but I did think about dumping the Sv for a super moto.

are you buying brand new? if you've got the cash, i would say go look at a husky or ktm, especially the huskies because of their bulletproof reliability. maybe look for a 450 enduro model or if you want to have tons offun get a 125/250 or maybe a ktm or kawi 200 2t, both the xc-w and the kdx are great in the trails, have lots of bottom but still have all the fun of a snappy powerband.