Wider foot pegs

G'day guys,

I'm looking for some new pegs to replace the old original ones on my 2000 xr250r. (I've been hitting them with the grinder occasionally to keep an edge on them)But it's time to replace with something WIDER without paying big dollars.

I've had a look at the pivot pegs but don't like the idea of forking out $250 for them over here.

Has anyone found something good without the price tag?

Thanks

However, this "link" is what I'm using. I just don't think the difference in weight is worth the difference in cost ! :excuseme:Perc

I'm with Perc, using these wonderful PRC pegs for a year now :bonk: Cheap, works and looks fine on the bike. Needed a little filing to fit, schedule 2 minutes for installing them.

You guys are killing me. Those home-made wide pegs with the pic posted are cool, BTW.

Here - get these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CR80-XR250-XR400-XR600-XR650-XR650L-FOOT-PEGS-/370569608643?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5647ab7dc3

I've never used them, but lotsa folks on TT have, and everybody seems satisfied.

JayC

I heard of cheap Chinese ebay pegs breaking

does not surprise me, given the bit of insight I picked up about China and metallurgy

homemade

be it chop up and reweld or bent your own should hold

if you want to spend $80 upwards on footpegs,

don't let me keep from doing so

I think I will go for the new pegs rather than the weld on extensions. My left peg is pretty bent up after too many dirt naps so I might aswell replace the whole thing.

You guys have saved me lots of time trawling the net for the right thing.

Thanks again

IMG_20111225_220132.jpg

Here's what we made, this is my xr 400 - I actually have some extras, you'll just have to bend em and weld em on, let me know if your interested ... oh and they work GREAT - no charge, just pay for shipping, I'm in PHX - I work in a machine shop, and had them designed up and wire EDM'd out ... good stuff

• 3 months later...

G'day guys, I figured I should report back on this topic.....

I bought the cheap pegs off eBay, $40 delivered. Bolted straight on no problem. Feel great on the bike and under the feet.

I'm not too worried about the weight and I could replace them 3 or 4 times if they broke or bent before they cost as much as pivot pegs here.

Happy with them so far.