Sign in to follow this  

450 sx-f brake pedal return spring set up

I have a 2007 450 SX-F. Been working on engine rebuild for about a month, and now I'm at re-assembly. Putting on rear brake lever and the spring is hanging on the pedal with a small bracket. I probably left it hanging like that to tell me something, but now I can;t remember what!!:bonk:

can someone please tell me how/where the return spring and L bracket go?

a pic would be a bonus.

thanks

duh. fixed it. the angled piece uses one of the M6 bolts on the clutch cover case, and slips in under that bolt. It then gives the brake lever spring something to stretch to. Don't know why I didn't just leave it on. maybe when I pulled engine I was worried it'd catch on something (??).

oops. sorry ktm231:blush: I did my post before I saw your reply. I wasn't trying to be a smart-azz to you, the "duh" was meant for me.

Thanks for your help and quick reply.

I'm getting close..... I need to reattach rear fender assembly, tank, plastic and battery/electrical connections. Can't really remember how to route the relay box and battery cables, but hopefully it will come back to me when I have it in place. OR.... there may be more Qs popping up from me. :bonk:

oops. sorry ktm231:blush: I did my post before I saw your reply. I wasn't trying to be a smart-azz to you, the "duh" was meant for me.

Thanks for your help and quick reply.

I'm getting close..... I need to reattach rear fender assembly, tank, plastic and battery/electrical connections. Can't really remember how to route the relay box and battery cables, but hopefully it will come back to me when I have it in place. OR.... there may be more Qs popping up from me. :smirk:

No problem, I didn't take any offense to that, I figured you realized where it went.:bonk: