Sign in to follow this  

Quick queston

I'm wiring a in line fuze. Black is positive and white is negative right or am I opposite

I'm wiring a in line fuze. Black is positive and white is negative right or am I opposite
Inline fuse wires just as it sounds. Inline.

Positive lead -----------fuse-----------battery +

Dohhh, I think I misunderstood your question. If you're trying to find your positive wire, use a trouble light with a pointed probe, grounding the wired clamp. You can press the point right into the wire through the plastic sheath. When it lights up, you found your positive wire.

Edited by Ruffus

In RV's white is positive vblack is negative. In residential black is hot, white is neutral. Makes sense huh? When in doubt check with a voltmeter.

with all due respect.....get a multimeter and read up on how to use one.

Never trust any color code standard in wiring.

BB

Can be either way on an import. White is usually power, but a black can be power too. You can make it anything you want. In a home, black is line (some call it "hot) and white in neutral (some call it ground) but either in automotive.

Why do the simple things have to be hard. Goll

This hard, hate to see you pumping gas.

If this is the case why don't you just stick a .22 bullet in it's place, easy and cost effective to boot.:bonk: