Sign in to follow this  

blow motor?

So today I was riding my RM250 and I noticed when I would hammer on the gas that it would bogg down and die. I then saw that the exause pipe was loose off the head. Do you think I blew my motor because the Pipe came off head and sucked cold air in the motor? Anything will help me figure this out. thanks

After I got it tight I kicked it over it would start then bogg down again.. After a few kicks it just wouldnt start anymore So I didnt wanna keep trying and mess more stuff up. Could The motor blow if enough cold air went up into the cylinder from the exaust?

So today I was riding my RM250 and I noticed when I would hammer on the gas that it would bogg down and die. I then saw that the exause pipe was loose off the head. Do you think I blew my motor because the Pipe came off head and sucked cold air in the motor? Anything will help me figure this out. thanks

Sounds like You have some debris that is glogging-up Your main-jet when You get on it,,,, no reason to think that You blew the engine,,, fix Your exhaust pipe and clean Your carb........good luck.........Dr.D..

I just cleaned the carb and put it back on today before I rode. I dont have a fuel filter so something could have clogged the main. Even if the main jet was clogged the bick should still start and idle.

I just cleaned the carb and put it back on today before I rode. I dont have a fuel filter so something could have clogged the main. Even if the main jet was clogged the bick should still start and idle.

First of all, get an in-line fuel filter,, the gas that You get these day's is not real clean,,You didn't mention that it wouldn't even start or idle,,do You hear engine noise,,it could be a lot of different things,,, try to describe the bikes symptoms as accurate as You can,,,that way the diagnosis will be more accurate also,,,, good luck......Dr.D..

Ok So I have done a complete rebuild on the motor which it only has about 9 hours. I also have put a new air filter in the bike also. Today The bike started up fine and I let warm up, When I started riding a round it seemed fine and first and seems to start bogging from about half to full throttle. I kept riding for a few minutes then all of a sudden the bike bogg big time and died. I stopped check things out and saw the pipe was off the head so I pushed it back in where to o ring held it in. I kicked the bike which it started up fine so I rode it for another 100 yards and then it bogged again and died. I kicked which started then died. Let it set there for a couple on minutes and then the bike just wouldnt start anymore. I then took the plug off clean it then started up and then bogged and died then just wouldnt start after that. I then said **** it and the guys at thumper will help me out! Hope this will help.

clogged up carb

or first put in a new spark plug!

it sure doesn't have anything to do with the exhaust hanging loose

if you would have sucked in too much air the piston would have seized because it got to hot

this may sound stupid, but did you replace the pipe springs so that it did just keep popping out? if the pipe was hanging loose and all you did is just push it back in so that the o-rings held it in place, like you said, then it will just blow right back out after a minute or two. without the springs in place to hold the pipe on, it is useless to just keep running it......

clogged up carb

or first put in a new spark plug!

it sure doesn't have anything to do with the exhaust hanging loose

if you would have sucked in too much air the piston would have seized because it got to hot

It could be something as a problem spark plug,, carb, something that wasn't tightened-up during the top-end rebuild,,,,,,stick to the basics,, don't over think when diagnosing any problem,, make a good visual inspection,, good luck Bubba........Dr.D..

fixed the problem, Cleaned the carb and new spark plug and started right up. I did order new springs and oring for exaust. I also notices when checking things out that I could see some light through my reeds, I have new boysen carbon fiber reeds and was thinking about trying the power reeds to see if that will stop light from coming in. I read that if I hav a gap between my reeds and cage Jetting will be a never ending issue. what you guys think?

fixed the problem, Cleaned the carb and new spark plug and started right up. I did order new springs and oring for exaust. I also notices when checking things out that I could see some light through my reeds, I have new boysen carbon fiber reeds and was thinking about trying the power reeds to see if that will stop light from coming in. I read that if I hav a gap between my reeds and cage Jetting will be a never ending issue. what you guys think?

power reeds are great, why was your pipe falling out in the first place?, those springs are usually a bitch to get on and off.

My pipe didnt fall of all the way, it just came off the cyliner a little. I had an extra gasket between the cylinder and pipe which blew the pipe o ring. I also only had one spring on at the time and with all the bumps and jumps it came loose.

Riding without both springs is a no-no ok?

Study this animation carefully. See how the back pressure from the exhaust pushes the intake [gases] back to the compression chamber for firing?

Very important to have the exhaust in complete working order - no leaks - no clogs.

two-stroke_c.gif

:bonk: