Sign in to follow this  

Do you run a flywheel wight for motocross/ arenacross

Do you run a flywheel weight for motocross/arenacross? My 2005 rm250 came with a steahly. I was wondering if its worth leaving on or removing? i think Im gonna order a engine stop plug so I can try it with and without. Do you run one?

I run one as my bike is mostly set up for woods racing. But I still ride about 30-40% MX. I would say the only difference is you're hooking up a little more.

Try with and without and see what you think.

without dude

it's a 2 stroke, don't turn it into a 4stroke

keep that bitch screaming!

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp

my 05 250 came with one on it and it still rips. I only run mx and the bike hooks up great and has plenty of power so I don't think I will be taking it off.

I have one on mine and i run both MX and HS and i would say that i might think about getting a lighter one because i do feel that it revs a little slow for MX. I currently have a 10oz. I think a 6oz would be perfect. A FWW will not turn it into a 4 stroke infact my friends that LOVE 4 strokes still hate my bike even with the 10oz FWW on it. it does give you more traction and helps the tire not to break loose as much in corners, but will also make the bike rev a little slower.

it was perfect when i first got on the bike and was getting used to the 2 stroke powerband and the power of a 250 but now that i'm used to it, i do want a bit more zing if you know what i mean... and all of that is for MX only. it is absolutely perfect as is for HS and woods riding.

Had a 6oz on my bike for a little while and I mainly ride MX and quite liked it. I took it off again for some reason, but I will take it with again next time I go for a ride and see how it goes.

I have an '07 RM250 that I got bone stock from the original owner. I put an 8oz Stealthy on to help it pull through turns a little better and lessen the hit. Worked good, I like it. I ride 98% MX.

My stock 03 needed a fww for desert racing and trailriding, 8oz. My 01 moto bike with a mellow portjob doesnt need one. My screamer 02 moto bike had a 10oz. It is personal preferance and ridability.