MX-Tech or Factory Connection

I'm wanting to get my suspension re-valved. I ride motocross only and I'm slow intermediate speed. I've been riding for 11 years but never had my suspension set up for me before.. I've tried adjusting it but just can't get it worked out. Who do you guys recommend?

i had my 11 250sx done by f/c n was very happy with it... i just had my 12 250sx done by mx-tech, springs, revalve n huck-valve, its not fair to compare those 2, jeremy is a straight up a ktm guru!!!! im extremly happy with it, very confidence inspiring!

How much do you weigh and what is your riding ability? I weigh 175lbs.

you plan on tossing a grand that way ey?

From what I've been told it's the best money you can spend on a bike. Right now it doesn't work very good at the local track for my weight and riding ability. The track gets alot of square edge breaking bumps and ruts and it's not very confidence inspiring. When I get it working good in the rough stuff its bottoming on the big hits and when I stop it from bottoming it's like a bull ride through the breaking bumps.

Ok Few things,

If you can spend $1300 bux, I would go with Factory Connection.

Since you're posting in the 2 stroke page, I assume you have a PDS suspended KTM 2 stroke. If that is the case, you really need the Factory Connection bladder system for the shock and the updated low speed dampening valve for the forks. What you'll get is more compliance in the front, it's a much more fluid stroke from top to bottom with none of that initial part of the stroke harshness. The rear on the other hand is in another planet compared to the stock PDS system, I can't explain how much better it is.

Factory Connection builds suspension for professional KTM racers, they are a KTM expert.

Just my .02 cents!

I talked to Jeremy at mx-tech today and after speaking to him I decided to go that route. I think comparing these two companies is like comparing apples to apples and I couldn't go wrong either way. Want to think everyone for their replies! He also said that it would be done in 3 to 4 days once he gets it in the shop and for a little cheaper price than what was posted above. That gets me the works treatment ( revalve, springs, huck valve, x trig worm gear preload adjuster, etc.). Hopefully it turns out well as this is my first venture into upgraded suspension.

Wow, $1300?? Really? You guys in CA are so used to a high cost of living that you don't even realize how crazy and overpriced that is for us non pros. LOL

I am still running the FC shock with bladder on my bike and as I said, it is no better than anything else, actually worse. I think the bladder is a nice add, but not a necessity to have great susp.

Pro-Action hear in Vegas re-sprung my "07" RM250 fork springs/re-valved with all new bushings seals and dust seals. Re-sprung the rear shock and replaced the OEM with their three stage valve with a new piston seal and lubed the rear cushion, link and shock bearings for $780.00 and I thought that might have been a little on the steep side.

Wow, $1300?? Really? You guys in CA are so used to a high cost of living that you don't even realize how crazy and overpriced that is for us non pros. LOL

Well, they do a shit tun of work, from lathing the fork and shock shafts, then polishing them using a lathe. They also replaced everything that was replaceable in the forks and shock from the seals, o ring and bushings to the bumper on the shock and even the preload rings. They modified the valving in both the shock/forks and replaced the springs. Of course I also did the whole FC kit as well, so that's aftermarket valves in the forks and the bladder kit in the shock.

The end result is a set of forks and shock that inside are to the highest spec you can build without going cone valve.

Yep, you can go to some local yahoo, who might know HOW to take apart WP stuff, but that doesn't mean they know how to tune it. Before I bough the FC kit, I had spent hundreds on different tuners who did nothing. Post the FC kit, my suspension feels like it should, compliant and predictable.

I am still running the FC shock with bladder on my bike and as I said, it is no better than anything else, actually worse. I think the bladder is a nice add, but not a necessity to have great susp.

Well, it depends on the type of riding you do. For motocross, the bladder makes a difference, for trails it probably doesn't. I don't ride anything else but motocross. Before I made the expensive jump to a bladder kit, I did my research. I talked with riders who are better then I am who have the bladder kit and we discussed with and without it, the answer was unanimously positive towards the bladder. Same goes for tuners, and I know guys from Öhlins and Showa factory who pushed me towards the bladder as well.

Needless to say, with the bladder, the rear end feels like it should over the course of a moto, instead of the stock system which tends to loose its feeling when abused over a long time. The stock system has some issues related to heat and the bladder kit with cylinder helps that substantially. I also have the needle bearing ring on my shock to eliminate the stiffness/binding generated from the shock twisting when it goes up and down.

try dave at Smart performance... I've ridden both FC and MX-tech. MX-tech is good but the $$ is insane. Dave does great work at a lot cheaper price and his forks have always been pretty amazing...

http://www.smartperformanceinc.com/CONTACT.html

Daves setup is way better. My Mx-Tech cost 1500$ and it isn't as good. The SPI shock is night and day better than the mx-tech.