Sign in to follow this  

What valves for an 08?

I need to replace One of my exhaust valves on my son's 08 RMZ. We had a piston/rod issue and the piston tapped one of the valves slightly bending it. The guide seems perfectly fine. I don't think it's a good idea to replace just one, but I'm pretty new to the 4 strokes. I've been told to use Stock valves, and have the seats re-surfaced.

My question is: What valves do you suggest using? I found these on eBay..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-RMZ250-KIBBLEWHITE-EXHAUST-VALVE-RMZ-250-07-09-/290583238068?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item43a81c55b4

What do you think?

Thanks in advance, Kevin

your going to need the kibblewhite springs and retainers with it. also im pretty sure you if your going to switch to a ss valve on one side, you should do the other exhaust side as well. ss valves are heavier and have stronger springs but last much longer than titanium stock ones

your going to need the kibblewhite springs and retainers with it. also im pretty sure you if your going to switch to a ss valve on one side, you should do the other exhaust side as well. ss valves are heavier and have stronger springs but last much longer than titanium stock ones

Verry true.... I had our 08 rebuilt with the kibblewhite SS at 45 hours and haven't adjusted them yet with 260 hours....although I replaced both intake and exhaust....