Sign in to follow this  

KX 250 rear axle moving when nut tight !?

I have been noticing my chain becoming loose lately after couple min of riding ... (new chain ) found out because my axle is moving slightly even with nut tight ??

There is actually an indent in my axle block from the square head edge of axle bolt grinding/digging into it !?:smirk:

When i loosen to tighten chain the bolt moves like 1/8 inch before nut starts coming loose ?? Cud my wheel bearings be worn not letting the axle spin freely causing friction on axle ??

Also i assume you need to tighten axle nut enough to keep the brake caliper from rockin back and forth ?? Caliper is on a slide on swingarm but rocks back and forth until you tighten nut enough ...

On all previous bikes i have been tightening the nut until no play in wheel and caliper doesn't rotate back n forth

Thanks in advance :bonk:

Sounds like your wheel bearings and spacers,both inside and outside spacers, are shot. I would check all of them carefully.

Ed

Sounds like your wheel bearings and spacers,both inside and outside spacers, are shot. I would check all of them carefully.

Ed

thanks ED will do .... i am correct about tightening axle nut enough so the caliper doesn't rock back n forth yes ??

if bearings are toast then my axle could be worn as well i assume :bonk:

could be the wrong axle and bottoming on threads before tight