Sign in to follow this  

California Fresno Area Riding - 007 Trail Still Open?

I grew up in Fresno and moved to San Diego about 12 years ago. Every Xmas I go back up to Fresno to visit my parents and this year I would like to bring my motorcycle. Before I moved to San Diego around 1998, I rode the 007 trail near Bass Lake (on my mtn bike and dirt bike). I searched around on this forum and it seems like 007 is still open for OHV use, but I'm trying to confirm. What's the status of this trail and is there snow on the ground up there now?

If 007 is an option, I'll bring my bike up. Otherwise, it doesn't seem like there's any place to ride in the Fresno area (especially with Miami Creek closed for the winter).

the USFS has finished its new travel mangement plan, TMP, and all is closed in the Sierras from Dec 1 to May 1 I think it is. No snow right now, cond are good to ride but it is legally closed for us. They got us again.

JH, I didn't know you were from up here! I'll PM you my el numbre.. call me anytime you're up. I live in Clovis and would love to ride w/ya.

I hadn't heard about the recent temp closure up there as I've been doing a desert series (AVE), the cancer ride, & then chased at the 1000 (busy, busy). I'll dig a little deeper & try to find out if there are some other areas we might be able to hit. Check your PM!

I'm really interested to know what comes up as well. miami isn't entirely closed, just went up yesterday for some riding in the rain.

they changed their minds and kept it open due to no snow, they told us they couldnt change theri minds cuz it was a written policy change, but then they di....hmmmm, makes you wonder when they tell you things can or cant be changed but then they really can if THEY want to