Sign in to follow this  

125 to a 250

iv herd that if you are good on a 125, you must be real good on a 250. well is that true?? i mean a 250, you wouldnt have to ring it out as much. im just wondering if im good with the power. im good on a 125, i do trails and quary riding...

2t or 4t, you will be a noticeably quicker, more agile rider, especially on the 4t because you wont have to be playing with the throttle as much tryingto keep it inthe powerband. but an a 2t you will be a fair bitquicker and agile than you were on the 125 but only to a certain degree, much because it is harder tolug around a bigger bike. but it will be much easier to keep itin the powerband than it was on your 125

what is it like to go from a 125 2t to a 250 2t? im good on my 125,, i ride trails and stuff lke that. yyou think a 250 would be fine?

The 250 has a more flexible engine so it will pull hard from a lower rpm ..

It'll be a bit heavier and have more power with a wider power band.....

I would call it a natural progression in bikes.....

i would say it depends do you have the 125 ringed out all the time and riding it really hard? if so you would probably like all the extra power of a 250 especially on low end. but if you just take it easy and don't ride very hard might not like it. I ride a 250 in tight woods and on a mx track and love it but there not for everyone.