Sign in to follow this  

How do i use that lever above the clutch?

It is the hot start, It adds extra air to the mixture.

It only works when you're starting a hot engine, If you try to use it when the engine is cold then it will make it very hard to start the bike...

It is a very useful thing to have !

When the bike is cold use the choke.

When the bike has been warmed up use the hot start to start the engine again, Just hold it in while kick starting and then let it go when the bike starts

Yeah I never use mine unless I can't get it going at all which is very rare. If my bike sounds like it wants to start when hot but is not kicking over I just give itheist a touch of throttle and works for me. I did not know about the half hot start trick I will have to try that

Ive never even touched that little lever. 1-3 kicks cold or 1st kick warm and she springs to life:banana:

I dont use it.. In my case, my bike starts 1st kick without it when warmed up..

I've had issues with my bike not wanting to start when cold tho, which then I used the hot start lever after 10 unsuccessfull kicks and It'd unrichen the mixture and make it easier to start.. Thats awhile ago tho, after I installed a Boyesen QS3 cold starts got so much easier, and you can also forget about the choke, its no longer needed with QS3..