Sign in to follow this  

Who have the 2012 350?

I'm looking to change my 2011 350sxf for a 2012 one.

There is someone who rided both? I'm interested to bottom power and suspensions (fork in particular).

MXA says there is a real improvement of 2012 over the 2011 but I still haven't read entire review.

Thank you.

it's definitely got more power, and the suspension feels more balanced than the 11.

you can have the '12 mapping put into your '11 and basically have the new bike if your 11 is still in good shape.

I asked. But the dealer told me ktm don't recommend to load 2012 map on a 2011 bike.

Because -he said- the 2011 have a different motor. :bonk:

For sure, the intake valves are different but.... perhaps ktm is simply "promoting" changing for 2012 model.

On the other hand, my bike have 65 hours of use and is time to service and spend some money (top end, transmission, tires, suspensions....): if the 2012 is so better, could be a good idea to change.

BTW, mxa putted today on site the 2012 test and it reports a significant improvement over 2011.

The valves and the entire motor are the same. Actually MXA reports that you can load the 12 map. Minimal changes. White side plates, tps cover, mapping, air boot (?). Same bike.

I asked. But the dealer told me ktm don't recommend to load 2012 map on a 2011 bike.

Because -he said- the 2011 have a different motor. :bonk:

For sure, the intake valves are different but.... perhaps ktm is simply "promoting" changing for 2012 model.

On the other hand, my bike have 65 hours of use and is time to service and spend some money (top end, transmission, tires, suspensions....): if the 2012 is so better, could be a good idea to change.

BTW, mxa putted today on site the 2012 test and it reports a significant improvement over 2011.

Sounds like your dealer is trying to sell a new bike. The difference between the performance of the '12 and the '11 is the NEW mapping. It should be able to be done at your local KTM dealer. Mine does it...

Not the dealer; he tell me to not change the bike, because is fine and because next june will be out, with the new 450, perhaps also a new 350.

We all want the latest and greates and when it comes to our hobbies (mx being my passion and only hobby) we (I) tend to get nuts over each new model. The bottom line is that as much as the magazines and brochures (both are the same) rave about how things are new and improved, you can do the same updates. That is why the best bang for your (my) buck is to buy when the frames change and keep current with small tweaks each year- easily done with EFI. If the motor and frame are the same you are good to go. The other components stay the same and suspension updates are usually shim swaps with exception to the Showa SSF stuff in the KX250 last year. Sadly most of us have to completely rework the suspension to get the bike balanced and feel safe twisting it to the stops.:bonk:

i totally agree with mike, tweek your bike a little and it could be better than a stock 11 or 12, i have the 2011 350 and i got it the first week the 12's came out so i done some research and found that theres very little change between the two seeing as im 6'4 i would need to have the suspension redone so i opted to save some money and get the 11

ive got the suspension reworked for me, i got an FMF full ti system and the wild plug under the seat and tomorrow im off to the dealer to get the 12 mapping done

much better than stock already cant wait to try the 12 mapping

i totally agree with mike, tweek your bike a little and it could be better than a stock 11 or 12, i have the 2011 350 and i got it the first week the 12's came out so i done some research and found that theres very little change between the two seeing as im 6'4 i would need to have the suspension redone so i opted to save some money and get the 11

ive got the suspension reworked for me, i got an FMF full ti system and the wild plug under the seat and tomorrow im off to the dealer to get the 12 mapping done

much better than stock already cant wait to try the 12 mapping

Let us know how you like the 12 mapping!:bonk:

I just got my ht racing 400 kit for my 2011 installed cant wait to ride it next week braaaaaaaP :bonk:

I just got my ht racing 400 kit for my 2011 installed cant wait to ride it next week braaaaaaaP :bonk:

Please post your thoughts. I am on the fence on whether I should do the 400 kit or just having the 12 mapping put in along with a new piston/rings

I have the 12..never rode the 11. It took 3 hours for my suspension to really set in. No problems so far on anything! I have 6.5 hours on it. It had a faulty fuel pump from the factory but was replaced free per KTM

Let us know how you like the 12 mapping!:bonk:

i got to ride the 350 on monday with the 12 map update, first thoughts were its not much different but as i warmed up id say there was a little bit of a difference in the throttle response, its a crisper

it wasnt as big of a difference as the FMF and wild plug that was a huge difference on the track