Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha TT500E 1978

Hi any one know the standard main jet for my TT500E? It currently has a #240 but the parts book lists three a #230, #240 and #250. I'm looking at buy a carb overhaul kit which has a #220 in it. Is this suitable for my TT500 or is the kit more tuned for a XT500? Any suggestions (nice ones please)? cheers

Hi CraigoDRZ400sm, thanks for that. I went ahead and ordered the carb kit so I have a #220 and a #240 main jet. I recond the motor and it was flooding due to the needle and seat not seating. Not good I think to be running in on a rich mixture. Anyways I should be OK, I think I'll try the #220 to see how it goes, only riding without to many revs untill warm at the moment. Perhaps the previous owner though he needed more gas as it was raced in VMX.

Thanks again.

Mark O

Nah, I'm good for the catelogue thanks. There's seems to be plenty onlione and My bike is a TT500E.

Although I have a new challenge to somehow mount a rear stop light swtich onto the frame someplace to work off the rear brake pedal. I would have assumed there would be a place for the XT's to have a swtich and that would be obvious on the TT's but theres nothing that I can see, no even a hole in the brake pedal for the switch rod to fit too.

Any ideas where to mount a stop light switch?