Sign in to follow this  

throttle position

what i do with my throttle is spin it as far forward as i can so the cables are right up against the brake fluid holder. that way full throttle puts my arm in a good position n i dont drop my elbow. does anyone else do this?

what i do with my throttle is spin it as far forward as i can so the cables are right up against the brake fluid holder. that way full throttle puts my arm in a good position n i dont drop my elbow. does anyone else do this?

:bonk: Sorry, but it just doesnt work like that, spin it another 180 forward and then see what happens.

The throttle only moves a certain amount of degrees, say 90 for example (1/4 turn), it will only ever turn that amount, regardless of where you put it on the bars..........

our friend "physics" says you could put the cable housing BELOW the bars (if they woudn't bind) and you would never notice how the throttle felt.. If you want your elbows up, just grip the throttle more forward with your hand to begin with.. when racing 125cc (long time ago, fast "B" decent "A" mx'er) i would put my hand on the throttle with my hand rotated way forward, then let it settle back a bit so it was more "wide open" without having to have my elbow drop..

See what i mean? how the tube is mounted doesn't matter at all.

This reminds me of the day when i first got an old XL125 trail bike (air cooled 4stroke, my first). And then rode a buddies rm125 (2stroke,powervalve,). I went to my dealer and asked to have a "powerband" put in my xl125.. Ture story! not to ashamed to admit it! I wanted that "hit" that the 2stroke had when the valve opened..

I keep my clutch perch slightly loose so that I can rotate the perch and lever up or down depending if I'm standing or sitting. I like the lever almost straight foreward when sitting and quite far down when standing. It feels more comfy and gives me better control. Especially when standing. Try it sometime.

The way you hold the handlebars and the position of your levers should be the a natural extension of your arms...

No need to go for anything extreme...Turn the throttle with hand and wrist movement...

I keep my clutch perch slightly loose so that I can rotate the perch and lever up or down depending if I'm standing or sitting. I like the lever almost straight foreward when sitting and quite far down when standing. It feels more comfy and gives me better control. Especially when standing. Try it sometime.

.. he wasn't asking about the clutch or brake perch positions, I would agree, the position of the LEVERS can be adjusted to your preference. But the throttle tube, makes no difference how it is rotated. You can change the turn amount with different adjustable cams, faster pull or slower pull..

should you turn it 2 degrees, or 180 degrees, or 360 degrees, or 120400 degrees, the throttle position will not change, minus a snapped cable.

Different throttle tubes with larger or smaller cams will adjust this, as said above

I don't use a throttle tube on my bikes.

I pull the cable directly, for better feel.

Much better, in my opinion.

Throttle tubes are the main source of arm pump.

:bonk::smirk::smirk::smirk::banana::smirk:

I don't use a throttle tube on my bikes.

I pull the cable directly, for better feel.

Much better, in my opinion.

Throttle tubes are the main source of arm pump.

I don't even have a slide in my bike. Just slide my hand over the carb to control the throttle. Sure you only have one hand on the bars, but you truly become "one with the bike" once you directly throttle your engine.

I don't even have a slide in my bike. Just slide my hand over the carb to control the throttle. Sure you only have one hand on the bars, but you truly become "one with the bike" once you directly throttle your engine.
What do you need a throttle for? You have a clutch, don't you?