Sign in to follow this  

California Round 1 of the AMA Western Checkpoint Enduro Championship

With the great Success of the 2011 District 37 Checkpoint Enduro Championship the Western Enduro Promoters Group have added District 36 and AMRA to the series for 2012 creating the 2012 AMA Western Checkpoint Enduro Championship!

ROUND 1 - JANUARY 15th 2012

2012 Series Schedule

Rnd 1 - Jan 15th - Not-So-Tuff-Enough Enduro - Johnson Valley, Ca - United MC

Rnd 2 - Mar 18th - GoldRush Enduro - Anza, Ca - Prospectors MC

Rnd 3 - Apr 1st - Sawmill Enduro - Lakeport, Ca - Northbay MC

Rnd 4 - Apr 15th - AMRA Enduro - Prescott, Az - Arizona Trail Riders Assoc.

Rnd 5 - May 19/20th - Hungry Valley 2 Day Qualifier - Gorman, Ca - Ventura County MC

Rnd 6 - Oct 7th - Wild Horse Enduro - Reno, Nv - Western States Racing Assoc.

Rnd 7 - Oct 21st - Ghostrider Enduro - Red Mountain, Ca - Training Wheels MC

Rnd 8 - Nov 11th - WFO Enduro - Stoneyford, Ca - Valley Climbers MC

2012_rnd%201_west%20chec_flier_sm.jpg

go to www.ridechec.com for ALL other information!

See you in the desert...

Yes, quads can enter. They go off after all the bikes and go one loop.

I can't speak from experience, but I have heard from the quad riders that they really love the enduros.

So the first loop is a bunch of roads then? At least try go after the bikes

So the first loop is a bunch of roads then?

Absolutely not. the first loop is 52" wide. Thats all it states in the D37 Rulebook. You'll be suprised what a Quad can ride through! But trust us, it will be the most fun you've ever had on 4 wheels!

Only Rnd 1, 5 and 7 will include Quads as per Local D37 Rules.. The rest are Bike only. The WEST CHEC Series itself will not be tracking Quad points.

Absolutely not. the first loop is 52" wide. Thats all it states in the D37 Rulebook. You'll be suprised what a Quad can ride through! But trust us, it will be the most fun you've ever had on 4 wheels!

Only Rnd 1, 5 and 7 will include Quads as per Local D37 Rules.. The rest are Bike only. The WEST CHEC Series itself will not be tracking Quad points.

What he said! Our first loop architect is very good at putting together a fun first loop that is not boring or just a bunch of roads. Come on out and check it out:thumbsup:

Perfect! thanks guys, I hope it's the most fun on 2 wheels, not a fan of quads LOL

Only the first loop has to take the quad thing in to the equation. We also can't kill the classes that only go one loop. That being said, alot of thought and hard work goes in to striking a delicate balance of fun stuff for all. We would not throw you on 40 miles of whooped out SCORE roads just to make a course quad friendly. See you out there:thumbsup:

And for those that want to TRY an enduro for the first time, you can come on Saturdays of the Series and try the Family Enduro for $15. The experts usually ride that also for practice and feel out the terrain of the area. They help the beginner enduro riders and sorta help them get acquianted with how things work.

Also, you don't need time keeping equipment for either event! There are plenty of experienced riders that are timekeepers, and can be on your row (riders ride in groups of 4), and you just follow them, and stop when they stop and go when they go. You will get a better understanding of whats going on once you try it. It is very addicting! If you have a watch with a large face to strap on your handlebar pad, that's great. If not, don't worry about it. Come learn!

There are 15 different classes - each with different skill levels (Expert - Intermediate - Novice - Beginner). We have classes for every rider and skill level. You can't go wrong!

Hope to see you Jan. 14-15, 2012 in Johnson Valley OHV in Lucerne Valley, CA! More information at www.ridechec.com

do you guys seperate the class like we do here in D36? IE A's all go first then B's then C's

or are they all mixed up like they do back east?

We are all mixed in together.

Different classes only go certain distances, so as the going gets real tough, there aren't any D riders in your way. The loops are set up with progressive difficulty.

We are all mixed in together.

Different classes only go certain distances, so as the going gets real tough, there aren't any D riders in your way. The loops are set up with progressive difficulty.

That sucks, does that mean I'll have to be passing quads? Guess I need to sign up to get an early number!

Are these all "time keeping" enduros? Or are any of the event "National enduro" format?

That sucks, does that mean I'll have to be passing quads?

C'mon man, I answered this question from you already in this thread! Bike first, quads after the bikes. It still wouldn't hurt to get your entry in early, sign up online and keep it easy on yourself.

Are these all "time keeping" enduros? Or are any of the event "National enduro" format?

This is a timekeeper, yes. There are "National Enduro"/qualifier formats at other events through the year.

Round 1 - Time Keeper

Round 2 - format tba

Round 3 - National Restart

Round 4 - National Restart

Round 5 - 2 day ISDE Format

Round 6 - national restart

Round 7 - Time Keeper

Round 8 - time keeper

For more information go to www.ridechec.com now!

Alright guys, after two days in the desert pounding stakes and tying ribbon, you better be showing up!

All the loops are done and everyone is happy with them. There is some fun stuff, some challenging stuff and for the 3 loopers, hopefully some watered stuff.

I hope to see you all out there next weekend, let me know if you have any questions.

Have a good knobbie on your bike. Mine looks like a racing slick after 20 times around loop 3 and it is making some of the hills a bit more challenging than they should be.