Sign in to follow this  

Should you replace your neckbrace everytime you crash?

OK so i got a new bik a couple weeks back and decided with a new bike comes new gear (as my old stuff was falling apart) i decided to go with a shoei money allowed it so it was awesome and i was just wondering if you should replacea a neckbrace and helmet everytime you crash I mean the neckbrace looks good no cracks but can crashing on it cause it to be alot weaker?

this is the crash

Edited by myepicchars1
VIDEO!

Not sure about the Neck brace but anytime your head hits the ground you should replace the helmet. Spider or hairline cracks can kill later. You may not be able to see them but when xrayed they show up.

its kind of a grey area huh? i searched for 2 hours still cant find anthing it wouldnt be a big deal if i dednt have to replace everything (Boots helmet and pants) they all got ripped or broken in the crash so idk i just dont want to spend 1200 for everything as im only 13

If u have lots of money and can afford new stuff that often then why not, but i would think if it's not cracked it'll be fine. My helmet and brace have come out fine from my first big crash and they still do their job well. Heal soon. :bonk: