Sign in to follow this  

Pw50 lights?

I noticed it says the pw50 has a lighting coil...Yamaha pn# 4x4-81313-mo

Anybody ever put a light on their lil pw? What is it rated?

you could probably use a headlight and associated wiring from a Yamaha QT50 Yamahopper step-thru.....they seem to use a similar if not same engine as the P-Dub...sorry do not know the rating

I don't see why you can't, just remember if you've got a DC bulb, you'll want to run it through a rectifier. Personally, I'd try an LED first, but you'll need to do some measurements and calculations before you slap any old LED in. If you don't, you'll be burning money.

I am gonna play around with it after Santa shows. I have hid, halogen, and even some led bulbs from Moho. Will pick up a regulator.

Don't stop posting... Nobody has tried this in 31 years? Reveal yourself! haha

Just a thought but why would they even have a lighting circuit? No neutral light, no break switch, no need...?

Edited by aDayintheDirt

probably because they use the same motor in the QT50..noneed making two different sets of coils I guess....maybe the Zinger is something else in Europe or Asia....mini plated enduro?????

According to the Clymer manual's wiring diagram, the 'lighting' coil feeds power into the Start switch which then runs to the Ignition Control unit.

So even though it look like some left over from anoither model; it apears to have some function in the wacky (read annnoying) PW50 electrical system. :)

anyone know if this is true for the jr50 as well?

i have a jr50 mountain bike conversion that needs lights lol

We clamped an LED bicycle light onto the bars (had to put a piece of inner tube under the clamp to keep it from vibrating), and bolted a bicycle flashing tail light to the rear fender. We only turn them on when we're trail riding with the littlest to increase their visibility from a distance. We don't use them at home.