Sign in to follow this  

My old "Winter Thrasher"

I own a lot of bikes, they are crack for me. Always have. Been riding for 35 years pretty much non-stop. Living in the NW and riding right through winter I always have a "winter Thrasher" in the stable. This bike has low gearing for nasty hills, trails tire for the rocky rooty technical winter stuff, grip heaters, etc. This last summer I scored a GREAT winter thrasher, on 02 GG250 with ohlins. I set it up and have been riding it about 2 times a week this winter. I must say this bike continues to impress. Climbs unlike any other 2 stroke, rips real good and has been a super solid performer. Probably been the best winter thrasher I have ever owned even though I am a Husky head.

thats it, just sharing :bonk:

This weekends ride...

IMG6803-1-XL.jpg

08 KTM 250 2st, 2012 KTM 350 and my 02 GG, the GG is the only one that made it to the top of this gnarly hill with no help and rider in the seat. It is really good at this stuff.

IMG6833-XL.jpg

fun day...

IMG6822-1-XL.jpg

IMG6826-1-XL.jpg

Nice pictures! Awesome you have a winter beater but I have to ask, wheres the snow? Thats a pretty nice looking winter you got going on!

Record good weather, less rain and more sun than every on record. Global warming has an up side. We have been riding like it is spring. awesome.

I think the trials bike heritage is the key. :bonk:

there is a lot of truth to that. The GG feels 3/4 size compared to the KTM350. the super smooth motor and amazing hydro clutch with the small bike conspire to make quite an amazing technical woods bike. Far better than I had hoped when I got it. Bought it for a song as well. It will be with me for some time I'm sure. Everyone who rides it likes it and tries to buy it from me. that old beater is a keeper.

Record good weather, less rain and more sun than every on record. Global warming has an up side. We have been riding like it is spring. awesome.

My son-in-law rides an '01 GG. It's a great bike. A year-round thrasher:worthy:

K, your thrashers are better than most of our reg rides :bonk:

gotta like this dry winter :banana:

:smirk: Like spring riding, been loving it and ridding my a$$ off. :busted:

Many of my offroad friends have spoken highly of Gas Gas bikes, and are on there shopping list. I have been riding in the snow since 1972 with my Zundapp 125. When i grow up I was thinking of getting a Gas Gas 200 ISDT replica. Now that is a Machine.

WinterinPa.jpg

Kelly

It will work well as a spring summer and fall thrasher too!

Mine does!

For sure. But I tend to ride my newer 4 stokes set up for faster stuff in the summer.