Sign in to follow this  

Redid the backyard mx track this weekend

i grabbed a john deere 650 from work this weekend and redid my backyard track. it was the perfect size machine to get everything re-graded and the jumps reshaped. got these sweet pics of my bud operating in his riding gear and though i'd share them. not too many great action shots as we were too busy riding. :bonk:

Rusty1.jpg

Rusty3.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

That dozer with the GPS leveling system is cheating! Lol! Wish I had that at my house for a couple days! :bonk:

Nice work. I'm now thinking of changing jobs to a heavy machine operator so I can "borrow" the equipment. LOL. I made my track with a farm tractor with a box blade and scraper blade. I got a video of it on this page.

Nice work. I'm now thinking of changing jobs to a heavy machine operator so I can "borrow" the equipment. LOL. I made my track with a farm tractor with a box blade and scraper blade. I got a video of it on this page.

That dozer with the GPS leveling system is cheating! Lol! Wish I had that at my house for a couple days! :bonk:

thats gps setup is bad-ass for sure. i am a project manager but still manage our survey/ gps department. i have built quite a few 3-d models of job sites for the software to run. i have also created quite a few mx tracks with the software just for fun. it would take some doing to set it up in my backyard but i might someday. the machine control is fully automated. it's pretty wild. i always wonder why the dirt wurx guys who build sx tracks over night don't use it. it would make getting the track shaped much easier.

it's funny...lots of guys think that you can just build a track because you have equipment. if you dont have any skills (like me) all you'll do is make a mess. i'm a desk jockey 100% and my buddy in the pics wont even let me near the machine. :bonk:

it's funny...lots of guys think that you can just build a track because you have equipment. if you dont have any skills (like me) all you'll do is make a mess. i'm a desk jockey 100% and my buddy in the pics wont even let me near the machine. :smirk:

my office is 3 miles from my house so it makes getting equipment very easy. also, our low boy driver works for bud light. :bonk:

gonna grab a mini excavator and finish the endurocross course next week.

i got 1000 yards of clay from a jobsite to tune the jumps. here are a few pics of my grooming the track on saturday. the dirt was perfect!!!

image.jpg

image6.jpg

image5.jpg

image4.jpg

image3.jpg

image2.jpg

image1-1.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg