Sign in to follow this  

600 to dual sport have a 650L parts bike with title

Have ? I would like to dual sport my 600 , I have run across a 650L that is broken down for a parts bike and have title for , ? 1. Take what i need off of the parts bike and slip my 600 off as a 650L , or 2. take the 600 motor and put it in the 650L frame , 3. Fix the 650L motor and have 2 bikes or fine another 600 motor , 4. What motor parts can I use on the 600 from the 650L , Don't need the E-start or battery to much weight . I would rather do the 600 for the weight differences , The L is in rough shape But is fixable I think , Compression is low and transmission 2 and 3 gear tore out and case on chain side busted , I bought the 600 last year and got her going and love how she rides , and would be great to ride to work and hit some trails on the way home . Thanks

Be easier to just put the 600 motor in the titled 650 (swap out the electrical components as well) or get another engine for the 650., Not much power difference as far as I know,,My reading of the comments here is that some people think the 650Ls are a bit gutless,,I can't comment as I've never ridden one..

Take into account you'll probably have to wire up the 600 frame to take indicators ,,horn ,,hi/low beam etc for the road worthiness side of whatever the State you live in mandates necessary,.Might be as easy as swapping the 650L loom and assorted switches over and adding a battery and a few other 600 bits,,,CDI etc.,,Need some hacking on certain features of the 650L loom though.,

From what I have read for NC , If a bike has turn signals they must work , Turn signals are not mandatory so you can take them off , Just a horn , rear brake light , head light , and one mirror , I figure I could clone the 600 and pass it off as a 650l should be easy to do and later fix the L up .

From what I have read for NC , If a bike has turn signals they must work , Turn signals are not mandatory so you can take them off , Just a horn , rear brake light , head light , and one mirror , I figure I could clone the 600 and pass it off as a 650l should be easy to do and later fix the L up .

Thanks for the tips so far , I did think of making a sleeve for the neck and stamp the vin # on it repaint to blend in , and another ? what is the deal in using the 650L clutch basket and gear swap , If so could you also do the auto clutch for the crossover since Revloc is no longer in business . More comments Please , Thanks

Many people have thought of swapping VINs on dirt bike frames, so that trick will be known to any law enforcement scrutinizing your bike for legality. That may or may not be an issue in your area. It could also be a problem when you sell the bike.

There's not much to be gained by running a 600R frame over a 650L frame. Just bolt the 600R engine and suspension into the 650L frame.

I think I will fix the L up later , and put a 600 motor in place , and use the clutch basket and drive gear or is it primary gear I need , the L has a aftermarket pipe and exhaust ,and big tank looks like a 4 gal on it , Then 2 bike are better than 1 , well make that 4 , 02- xr250 , 95-kdx200 , and the mighty 96-XR600 and later to be fixed 94-XR650L , does this count Wife's 05-Polaris 500 Scramble 4x4 .