Sign in to follow this  

Vet race in SC

Got word yesterday...... A vet only (30 and up) race is brewing for February 11/12 weekend at TNT motorsports in Chester SC about an hour south of Charlotte on 77........ Ike Dejager will be running the show. Will be a 4 or 5 race series spread out over Feb- April ....... Will post more details when I get them.

Word is there will be at least 2 divisions in each age class something like C/B & A but if there is enough that show up could be divided into C, B A

Very cool! I saw the initial post about the possibility but didn't know it was a definite. That would be awesome, except I can't jump worth sh*t. Guess that's new motivation. Haha!!!

Lumpy maybe you could post what age classes and is there going to be any money or cont. money and dates. I m going to be a state west of you in march that sounds like fun. I haven t been to an all vet. race in a long while.

We at Twist and Hold and 2020 Racing Academy are introducing a “Senior Race Series” on a natural terrain track at TNT Motorsports Park, Chester, SC that is designed for seniors on an “Old Style” Motocross track. The fun part is that this event is for seniors only.

There is no pressure, stress or burden as practice starts at noon and racing at 1 pm. The very first or initial race of the “Senior Race Series” will be on Sunday, February 12, 2012, as mentioned at TNT Motorsports Park, Chester, SC.

The good news is that the “Senior Race Series” will be a monthly event, allowing the senior motocross riders fun in the saddle, at least once a month.

On race day we will have the following classes:

+35 Beginners +35 Experienced

+40 Beginners +40 Experienced

+45 Beginners +45 Experienced

+50 Beginners +50 Experienced

+55 Beginners +55 Experienced

Entry fees will be $25.00 per Class. You can enter online at www.2020racingacademy.com as no entries will be accepted on raceday.

Trophies will be awarded for each class.

This is an opportunity or an occasion for us seniors to enjoy maybe own that day that “Brings Back the Past”.

dang... this sounds awesome. Maybe a trip south will be in order!

Its certainly will be the right time of the year for a bunch of snowed in riders to migrate South for the race. TNT is open every day and you can camp there too.

While a little warmer than usual..... woke up to 60 deg this morning with a high of 70. :bonk: Its typically in the 50's during the day.

I went to the 2020 site and took a look at the format but didnt see the schedule. When will the Race dates be posted? so as to know to plan for them.

I'm interested in this and would like to attend some of them so I can get some race days in before the Ultra/Mega series gets started up in March.

1st race is going to be Sunday, February 12, 2012 and I think they are going to have one a month.......

They are thinking about adding 25 & 30+ classes

That's awesome! I assume it's going to be held on the national track?

We at Twist and Hold and 2020 Racing Academy are introducing a “Senior Race Series” on a natural terrain track at TNT Motorsports Park, Chester, SC that is designed for seniors on an “Old Style” Motocross track. The fun part is that this event is for seniors only.

There is no pressure, stress or burden as practice starts at noon and racing at 1 pm. The very first or initial race of the “Senior Race Series” will be on Sunday, February 12, 2012, as mentioned at TNT Motorsports Park, Chester, SC.

The good news is that the “Senior Race Series” will be a monthly event, allowing the senior motocross riders fun in the saddle, at least once a month.

On race day we will have the following classes:

+35 Beginners +35 Experienced

+40 Beginners +40 Experienced

+45 Beginners +45 Experienced

+50 Beginners +50 Experienced

+55 Beginners +55 Experienced

Entry fees will be $25.00 per Class. You can enter online at www.2020racingacademy.com as no entries will be accepted on raceday.

Trophies will be awarded for each class.

This is an opportunity or an occasion for us seniors to enjoy maybe own that day that “Brings Back the Past”.

Are they building a vet/gp style track or are they racing on the main track by the parking lot.....which is not "an old mans fun track" That is a pretty serious track.

MAX!!!

its going to be on the "tween" track.....the old ATV track .....and they are going to add to it.

I watched some vids on you-tube of some one riding at the tween track. It seemed to be a pretty decent track for like practicing on but didnt seem to be a good track to hold a race on IMO.

I was just wondering if it would be worth a 3hr drive down to race on it?

Any more updates on the series?

IMO the tween track will be good to race on..... most turns can have more than one line making plenty of room for passing. Tight and technical yes...WFO fast no....making it safer than most tracks. On my 450 I run 2nd & 3rd gear.

Sounds like it would be a good track to attend. "Nothing else" be a good track to get in some laps before the Ultra series starts up!

It's a nice little track. It will be nice to see them improve it. Are they making it "longer"? I think I'm going to check TNT out tomorrow. It should be a great day to ride!

It's a nice little track. It will be nice to see them improve it. Are they making it "longer"? I think I'm going to check TNT out tomorrow. It should be a great day to ride!

Did u go to TNT to ride? If so how was it and did they make it bigger?