Sign in to follow this  

Washington Woodinville Area Motorcycle Frame Painting???

Any one have any dealings with local firms for sand blasting and painting dirt bike frames on the East Side?

dont want powder coat, good automotive paint with clear coat sealant.

nothing fancy

1973 CR250

1983 XC500

for starters

want to keep the business local if I can, just someone that is reputable fair and enjoys their work!

Thanx!

HR

Try asking at local body shops. Although many auto shops don't want to work on motorcycle frames as they have a lot of nooks and crannies that can be difficult to work with.

cost for blast, strip, prep and coat was a about the same, those that would take it on, so I found a small business guy and took the '73 CR frame and swingarms and brake hub (rear) to him to do in Gloss Black.

Once i get it back and MOUNT everything back up to see if anything peels, chips off etc I will take the next step, next frame and let everyone here know how it turns out.

For blasting

Chemical strip and prep

Powdercoating

4 parts (frame, rear brake hub, rear brake arm, swingarm) gonna hit me for $200.

worth it if its a solid job!

HR

how come nobody nickle plates their frames anymore? guess I'm stuck in the past :bonk:

For a show bike that would be pretty nice. Even on a street bike it would be alright.

But on a dirt bike? You would never be able to keep it even remotely clean.

For a show bike that would be pretty nice. Even on a street bike it would be alright.

But on a dirt bike? You would never be able to keep it even remotely clean.

Like you can with paint?:bonk:

Joe