Sign in to follow this  

Anyone can tell what kind of FCR I have by the pic?

Older style "slant body" FCR carb. Probably aftermarket judging by the sticker. Size unknown but probably 39mm.

Older style "slant body" FCR carb. Probably aftermarket judging by the sticker. Size unknown but probably 39mm.

Any way I can find out more info or anything about it, when it gets nicer out I'm going to pull it to check jetting and see if its good for my area because in this cold weather i get some bog with quick throttle on low end.

32759632201320448410310.jpg

Also, how do i know if its big bore? Can anyone tell by those pics too, just curious...

If you want to know about your piston size , show some pics of your barrel , especially the casting marks , as the big bore is different to the std , greg

looks like no choke?

if so, i have the same one on my S model.

it may be from sudco or similar?

jet the same as you would the oem E model slant body fcr.

i think there's an "eddie mod" for the a/p.

i can't tell if it has a big bore or not from the pictures. if anything, the head is cleaner than the cylinder.

picture form my garage

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=55252

lucky you...you have a choke. it was an option i believe. still gets jetted to suit application just like the oem slant body fcr on the E & kick models.

yes, the dangling line with the adjustment knob is idle adjustment.

It took me a while to find , but here is a pic of the std barrel next to the cylinder works big bore . You can see the castings are different . Hope this helps , greg

Nice find Greg...Also if you look at the cam chain side the OEM will have numbers stamped and the CW won't..

That vertex piston has some teflon coating on as well??

It took me a while to find , but here is a pic of the std barrel next to the cylinder works big bore . You can see the castings are different . Hope this helps , greg

29952_390163621915_686021915_4509107_1157765_n.jpg

Great ill take a look tomorrow, snap a few pics, and try to get some more of the carb

Well update...check other side of carb and it says FCR 39 with a sudco piece on the bottom...so i guess its just the reg slant FCR 39...I looked at my crashed bike side by side with my new SM and they are different cylinders...or at least have different markings...Does the SM say suzuki on the side like the S does or no...Here's both pics of both my bikes cylinders...first one, the dirty, is the crashed 01 S, and the second is the 07 SM I just bought...pics were taking under the bend of the header pipe of each exhaust...

33565232389896096219410.jpg

33847932389884429553910.jpg

What kind of cylinder does my SM have :bonk: