Sign in to follow this  

09 crf450 adding oil

My bike suspension is not stock and I don't know how much oil is in the outer chambers.My question is how much oil can I add not knowing whats in there.I already put 10cc in each side because the forks where bottoming on me and before that I went up to .49 springs from stock.When I changed springs I lost like a cap full but put thicker springs in so I figured that would balance out.After I did the springs I rode it and it bottomed a few times on me so I firmed up comp.clicker and didn't like the feel,That's when I added 10cc's of oil in each leg and was wondering if putting too much in can screw anything up.

Well if you put too much oil in them you'll know :bonk: I imagine the would be harsh as hell and if u went ahead and filled them up you would hydraulic or hydrolock? Them and blow oil or blow the seals out the bottom. I doubt another 10 or 20 ccs would do that to you though. Why not just dump the oil buy a graduated cylinder and put max factory oil level in them.

I will if I have to but that's more involved and as long as I'm not hurting anything I figured I'll try the easy way first.The fork oil only has 10 hours on it and I would like to get 20 or so on it before I dump it.I guess I need to ride it to determine if it's good or not.

for help bottoming if im in you i take off the fork and change the outer oil with 360-370 cc

of maxima 7w oil. or another good 7w,thats increase the bottom resistance.and is not much expensive.and new oil is even better after 20 hrs