Sign in to follow this  

factory connection worth it

i ride cross conuntry in oklahoma and am a amature rider and i weigh 200 and how much is it for the hole shabang and how much is it to have it revaled again?

revalved again? has it been done by them already? if not, i would shop around locally first. then, call them and see how much to do what you need. if you need springs, then you'll still be looking at a good sized bill from fc.

$550-700 for a complete front and rear set-up w/springs. Any more and your getting screwed. Shipping is extra. The best thing is to see who does it in your area. That way you will not spend a bunch on shipping if you need to send back fo change in valving. Make sure the shop you pick does the job until you are satified! Be honest to your skill level and riding type.

FC does great work, Ive used them before, thier prices can be beat though. I had the suspension on the last bike I purchased (my 125) done by a more local company for about 2/3 the price (saved me about $250 total). Best part about it was that I took the whole bike to them, they removed forks and shock for me, cleaned, polished, installed springs, revalved, and adjusted clickers and set up sag. If I ever need adjustments/ service Ill make the hour drive again. Personalized service like that cant be beat IMO. And I got to watch them do it so I learned a thing or two about the process. Plan on taking current project and the 450 to them this winter.

FC does great work, Ive used them before, thier prices can be beat though. I had the suspension on the last bike I purchased (my 125) done by a more local company for about 2/3 the price (saved me about $250 total). Best part about it was that I took the whole bike to them, they removed forks and shock for me, cleaned, polished, installed springs, revalved, and adjusted clickers and set up sag. If I ever need adjustments/ service Ill make the hour drive again. Personalized service like that cant be beat IMO. And I got to watch them do it so I learned a thing or two about the process. Plan on taking current project and the 450 to them this winter.

Ant chance was it FCR?

Sure was! Ever used them? My buddy turned me on to them...

Ill be calling and scheduling another appointment as soon as the holidays are over for the new bike!

i got a quote from FC for my kx450f $700-$800 using stock fork springs, i was on the edge for the rear spring due to my height, so rear spring, revalve, and full service for $700-$800

Sounds about right... Dont quote me but I believe I was just a tad over the $700 mark on my previous bike using the other company for all of those services plus fork springs but also included setting sag, and removal/install.

they tend to add a lot on extra for bushes etc , most people end up paying 200 more than quoted so watch out for that , I believe they don't inspect they replace regardless

Sure was! Ever used them? My buddy turned me on to them...

Ill be calling and scheduling another appointment as soon as the holidays are over for the new bike!

I talked a long time with them on my son's CRF150r. Bought springs and will be sending taking the bike to them when he breaks out of "C-" class. Because they are just around the corner, guarantee all the work and have a test track. Can't get much better!

they tend to add a lot on extra for bushes etc , most people end up paying 200 more than quoted so watch out for that , I believe they don't inspect they replace regardless

Every company does that unless you can tell them which bushings, shims, etc. are worn... they give generalized quotes out just like any other company. If they encounter a worn bushing they replace it and add it to the bill. Any business that wants to keep a good name for themselves does the same thing. It guarentees the longevity of the parts and work they guarentee.

Thats why if you look at thier site it will say *does not include parts and oil*. So they give you an estimate assuming everything else is within spec and in proper working order.

If its your first time having your suspesion rebuilt, PLAN ON IT BEING EXPENSIVE! Plain and simple...

I talked a long time with them on my son's CRF150r. Bought springs and will be sending taking the bike to them when he breaks out of "C-" class. Because they are just around the corner, guarantee all the work and have a test track. Can't get much better!

No you cannot... they provide excellent service, and they are nice friendly people.

i'll chime in soon on this.

Ive always just rode a mx bike stock on the trails and dropped off my fork and shock at factory connection yesterday.

Quoted $460ish and ended up being over $800 because needed stiffer shock spring and the seals/bushings etc...which i thought were still good because the bike has under 20 hours on it.