Sign in to follow this  

Just found an XR600 for a Steal! Potential Problems??

Buy it. I just sold my 1993 XR650L for $1200. 23,000 miles of offroad dual sporting, etc. and I still rode it to work everyday.

It depends on what you plan on doing with the bike. It may be decent for fire roads, light trails and some street riding, but it would be a tank on technical trails. Those bikes are very heavy compared to modern bikes...about 285-290 lbs wet.

With that being said, I agree that they are rock solid reliable. That bike would probably go for a few hundred less around here...but prices are geographical.

what good is it without a plate? Im a total hondasnob, but the pigs are SOOO fun on the road

check counter shaft wear!

I paid $1,500.00 2 years ago for my 1994 XR600R but mine didn't have the SuperTrapp, just the stock pipe, the clean title for the XR600R is worth a lot, very hard to convert now days in some states.

Kansas where I live, will except the title from another state but will not convert an R to street legal status. I would make an offer, nothing but fun, Those bikes are said to be heavy compared to modern bikes...about 285-290 lbs wet. I sold my 1981 XT250 Yamaha to buy the XR600, the XT weighed 2 lbs less with 1/3 the horsepower, I don't ride tight trails, maybe I would not like the weight, for fast fire roads and trails, it is a blast, twisties & back roads are more fun on the XR than my Buell Street Fighter.