Sign in to follow this  

2012 Reviews

All you people out there that have a 2012, how are you liking/disliking it? Compared to your last bike?(year/make) I am picking one up soon, just wanted to hear all the pro's and con's about the bike. Suspension, motor, etc. I weigh #150/junior. Heard the suspension was stiff, but can be helped out enough with clickers? I'm coming off an older CRF 250R just was wondering what I have to look forward to!

You'll like it!

I just sold my 09 KXF and bought a 12. I only have a couple hours on it, the weather here in Indiana sucks right now.

Definitely fast and turns much better, but the suspension seems a little stiff.

Although it probably isn't broke in yet.

Btw, the efi is awesome.

I'm a Vet "A" and weigh 150 as well. I'm sure the springs are too stiff for my weight. They usually set them up for 160 and above.

So I plan on sending it off to Pro Circuit after Xmas like I did my 09.

Good luck and enjoy your new scooter!

You'll like it!

I just sold my 09 KXF and bought a 12. I only have a couple hours on it, the weather here in Indiana sucks right now.

Definitely fast and turns much better, but the suspension seems a little stiff.

Although it probably isn't broke in yet.

Btw, the efi is awesome.

I'm a Vet "A" and weigh 150 as well. I'm sure the springs are too stiff for my weight. They usually set them up for 160 and above.

So I plan on sending it off to Pro Circuit after Xmas like I did my 09.

Good luck and enjoy your new scooter!

Do you notice the bike wanting to take outside lines more than your last?

I`ve got a set off of an `11 with 12.6 hours on them. The `11`s were lighter than the `12`s.

Do you notice the bike wanting to take outside lines more than your last?

No. Thats what my 09 did. It liked the outside. If you tried to cut too tight it wanted to stand up. This one turns much better, but it's still no RMZ.

It should be even better when I get my susp done.

I've done about 4hrs on mine.

Came off a YZ250 and had '09 RMZ250f before that & CRF450X before that.

The bike sounds awesome with the stock pipe. The engine is impressive, typical Kawasaki. I've found it easy to start, 2 kicks hot or cold. I've read the mags, was a big factor in deciding which '12 to buy. The brakes seem fine to me, and I'm holding my breath and waiting for the clutch to go.

The handling is hard for me to say, it's different to the YZ that's for sure but I like it. I haven't changed any settings yet.

First impressions are important when I ride a new bike and this one felt very good. I stripped it all down, lots of fuel lines, electrics, injectors under there. Hope all that holds up.

I normally do a few minor mods to suit me, sprockets, pipes and things but she seems pretty good straight out of the box.

Edited by yellowsub

I have a '12 with 42 hours on it now. One exhaust valve is at minimum. The bike seems to be a very capable and race worthy bike. I never owned a 4-stroke before this, so I don't like the weight penalty.

It will be on the auction block soon so I can buy a GasGas (2-stroke).

Mark

I have about 15 hours on mine and so far I love the bike. I'm 160lbs and ride vet expert.

My previous bike was a 2011 YZ250F. The KXF has a stronger engine and better handling on high speed situations. The YZF was better at low speed rutted turns and the brakes were much better, especially the front. I prefer the suspension on the Kawi, as the YZF felt way too soft for me.

A Pro-Circuit complete exhaust made a huge difference for me, as the bike now revs higher and each gear lasts longer. Probably I gave up some low end, but since I rarely ride there, I didn't really notice it.

Also installed an oversize braking rotor and galfer front brake line. The stock front brake was terrible. Now it's much better, but still not up to par with the YZF with the same Braking/Galfer set up.

Overall a great bike! I'm faster and more comfortable on it than on the YZF.

LOVE IT. I've gone from a 05 crf250r to a 06 kx250f to a 09 kx250f to the 12. The 12 is awesome. The motor is incredible. I havent thought of my 09 since. Everything is just plain better. It's also the first bike I have not felt the need to revalve the suspension. All my old ones it would be the first thing I'd do. I've been very happy with the stock setup. I had good luck with my 09 and 06 (had 100 hours on them by the time I sold them) so I'm hoping the same for the 12. No complaints.