Sign in to follow this  

CR85 Engine Builders

Trying to find out who is "The man" when it comes to building a National level CR85 motor. This motor will be going in a woods quad so I'm looking for somone that can get more bottom end out of it. Thanks !

But why would you start with a CR85 engine if you want bottom end in a quad?

Seems like that would be like using a CRF80 for a drag race engine. Just sayin'...

yesterday i was out on my cr85 an i fort it had ran out off petrol so i put some more in and it wouldent start so i got a new spark plug still wont start manijued to get it started with some easy start but the radiator water was runing out very qwickly like 5mins

But why would you start with a CR85 engine if you want bottom end in a quad?

Seems like that would be like using a CRF80 for a drag race engine. Just sayin'...

We're running a quad that uses the CR85 as a production motor. Can't change it and still be considered production. Yes, I understand there are better choices forlow end power. Thanks.

We're running a quad that uses the CR85 as a production motor. Can't change it and still be considered production.

I'm no quad expert, but I never heard of a production quad that ever used a CR85 2-stroke motor.

:bonk:

Trying to find out who is "The man" when it comes to building a National level CR85 motor. This motor will be going in a woods quad so I'm looking for somone that can get more bottom end out of it. Thanks !

A good woods 85 motor for a quad...... go with the RM85 it has a power valve on the exhaust side that allow you to achieve good low end with out losing top end.

For the CR85............get some low end reeds, FMF Fatty with header spacer(length depends on how far down in rpms you want to go to achieve desired peak torque). port cylinder for low to mid and head mod to match design.

Gene

I'm no quad expert, but I never heard of a production quad that ever used a CR85 2-stroke motor.

:bonk:

Here ya go..... Let me help you. You have to be in the mini quad world to know about these machines...... See the links below.

My Machine.......

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/December%202011%2085%20Shifter%20PICs/

The Apex website....... (look for the Pro MXR 85)

http://www.apexatv.com/

A good woods 85 motor for a quad...... go with the RM85 it has a power valve on the exhaust side that allow you to achieve good low end with out losing top end.

For the CR85............get some low end reeds, FMF Fatty with header spacer(length depends on how far down in rpms you want to go to achieve desired peak torque). port cylinder for low to mid and head mod to match design.

Gene

You prefer the FMF Fatty over the DEP? What reeds are the best for low end power........ less stiff ones I assume.

Dude,

That is one evil looking little quad! I may have seen something like this at our local track once. You should have a happy kid.

If you're tied to the CR85 motor, then someone has already mentioned Eric Gorr. If you're able to run something else, then the KX and RM 85 engines both have powervalves and run better off the bottom than the Honda or Yamaha 85 motors.

Obviously, gearing the bike down might help you in the woods also.