Sign in to follow this  

Key Switch Wiring Question

My key switch started acting wonky so I got another from a part out. It was represented as an "S" model key switch and in reality it ended up being an "E" switch.

I managed to wire everything so that the switch is doing what it is supposed to with the exception of no neutral light now.

Does anyone know how to wire the "E" switch so that I can once again get the neutral lite to work? Or is that even possible?

Neutral light should not be affected by the key switch. The only real difference in the switches is the S switch "park" function where only the tail light is on and the key can be removed.

In the S wiring circuit, power to the neutral light is from the orange wire, and the neutral light and the temp light are on the same power feed. The neutral light illuminates when the circuit is completed by the neutral switch in the transmission and the temp light illuminates when the temp thermal switch completes the circuit. Neutral light is tested by grounding the black with blue trace wire. Temp light is tested by grounding the black with green trace wire.