Sign in to follow this  

Powervalve Chamber Volumes

Has anyone seriously played with increasing powervalve chamber volumes? This should lower the low-speed PV position's torque peak. Looking for any experiences, thinking of machining a KIPS PV cover for my H-sries KDX200 with like 1" pipe thread so I can screw in various length pipe nipples. Any real world data?

I'm not sure I'm following your question. You mentioned a chamber volume, are you referring to the exhaust port? If I understand the question correctly, you are thinking that by changing the cover over the valve assembly, therefore changing the volume of the chamber above or around the valve assemble, you will be changing the power characteristics of the engine?

If you know this already, forget I mentioned it, the power valve's job is to mechanically alter the shape of the exhaust port to promote closer to ideal perceived flow at varying engine rpm. Altering the chambers around the outside of the cylinder that are there for manufacturing and installation purposes will have no effect on the power characteristics of the engine.

I may have misunderstood your question, but this is some of what I know to be true of a power valve on a current KIPS.

Has anyone seriously played with increasing powervalve chamber volumes? This should lower the low-speed PV position's torque peak. Looking for any experiences, thinking of machining a KIPS PV cover for my H-sries KDX200 with like 1" pipe thread so I can screw in various length pipe nipples. Any real world data?

I have debated doing the same with one of my kdxs, I just never got around to it. youre idea couldn't hurt, or you could always buy a spare resonator cover off ebay to mess with. if you do it, please post back youre results, I have been lead to believe it doesn't have a huge effect.

kx450f63- there is a small resonator chamber on some power valved smokers, that I forgot what it does or how it works, I read an article somewhere a while back and it didnt stick :bonk: either way its another tuning element to mess with, see the kdx top end how to in the kawi 2s stickies for pics. I would imagine it works somthing like the chambers on some 4stroke headers