Sign in to follow this  

04 crf? is it worth it

I'm looking at a 2004 crf250r, the guy just rebuilt the motor, top and bottom, its in the frame but some parts still need to get put back on like sub-frame, exhaust, stuff like that, he's asking 500, my concern is that he hasn't started it since the rebuild. it has all black plastics with no grapics. he said he has all the parts to put it back togeather. it seems to be in pretty decent shape. do you think its a good deal?

hmm.. sounds a little strange.. cause that stuff is really easy to put back together.. but it wont run without that stuff. its possible it may not run at all when its back together.. i would go over there with tools and throw the rest of it together before you buy it.. make sure it runs.. just sounds a little iffy

yea thats what i was thinking too, problem is he lives 2 hours away, it wouldnt take much to put it all back togeather, he said he's just sick of how much money he spent on it and wants it gone

If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. But 500 is really cheap, you could use it for spare parts and get a 2nd cheap 2004 model. Or sell individual parts. A cilinder + cilinder head are worth more than 500 when in good condition.

that is true.. even if the bike is ruined you could part it out and pry make a profit

i bought a basket case 04 with a chunk out of the case half for $800. Bought all new bearings and seals, crank, counter balancer, full water pump, everything. So it was all new and didnt have to worry about it. I have a total of $1400 into the bike. Runs like a top. Even if theres something wrong, id still buy it. If you dont get it, PM me, ill go buy it haha =)